Monday, November 22, 2010

Abbyisms

This post is probably going to be a bit random.

- Abby calls suitcases "clothes cases" This is brilliant - as how often to you *really* pack suits in them anyway?

- I spent some time today trying to explain to Abby that mommy had a baby in her tummy.  She kept shaking her head and saying "noooooo, silly mama"  Eventually, I got her to point to my belly when I asked "where's the baby?"  When I asked her if she wanted a boy or girl baby - she put her finger on her chin and said "Hmmmm, Let's see...."  Then she said "girl baby?"  Of course, a few minutes later she said "boy baby?"  In short - she has no idea what I'm talking about. :)

- Abby fell out of her crib today.  It was my fault.  I lowered her crib rail, then went to go flip on the light.  In that 4 seconds, I hear Abby say "don't fall!" and I turned to see her flipping over the side of her crib.  I saw her land forehead first on the ground.  She started screaming instantly (good sign).  I scooped her up and rocked her.  It took her a good 5 or 6 minutes before she was calm enough to talk.  And even then, she spoke in broken sobs and stuttered out "Wa..wa.....woopsies!"  4 hours later, she still had a big red circle on her forehead. It'll bruise, but she's ok.


- She likes to wear her boots.  More than anything.  Mostly because she can get them on and off by herself.  In the mornings, in her PJ's, or even just in her diaper - she always puts on her boots.  It makes me laugh.


- She calls our bed "Daddy's crib"  I'm guessing this is because I'm always gone before she gets up and she's in bed before I go to sleep.  But, no matter how much I try to explain that it belongs to both of us - she's adamant that it's "Daddy's crib"

- The other day going up the stairs, she said the word "cookies!!!" with every step.  I have no idea why, but she was happy.

- At target the other day we stopped to get a starbucks.  The lady was kind enough and fill a little sample cup with whipped cream just for Abs.  Abby was tickled pink by it and proudly stated "Abby have a mommy-drink!"

- Sometimes, when she pretends to read, she holds up her books right up to her face so that her nose it touching the page.  Just like her daddy does sometimes.  So funny.  She doesn't do this if she's actually reading/looking at a book.  Only when she's "play reading"

- She loves her Mr. Potato Head family that Billie Jo and Ricky brought over.  It has 2 big and 2 small potatoes.  She mostly sticks with the "baby potato"  She's very good about putting it together, but after she's done, she nearly always goes to put baby potato in time out.  It's such that we just expect to see him in the corner when we walk down the hall now.

- At dinner tonight, Abby wouldn't eat any of her mac & cheese or yogurt.  Instead, she swiped all my red onions from my salad, followed by all my tomatoes, and olives.  Who loves red onions that much as a toddler?  My child is not afraid of strong flavors apparently.

- Abby remembers so much.  Weeks ago, we had to change the batteries in her glow worm.  This is always traumatic for her and we do our best to do it so she never knows.  But, this last time, she saw us take him out of the room and cried until I brought him back.  Since then, she randomly will tell me "Glowie all better!"  In the same vein, she's still scared of our vacuum.  She'll stay in the room if Kyle holds her/sits next to her.  But as soon as I'm done, she exclaims "Vacuum all done!"  Same thing now - that's often the first thing she says in the morning, or randomly after breakfast, or while driving in the car.  "Vacuum aaaallll done!"

- The other day I heard her say through the monitor "One, twooo, threeee, four!  Four monsters in the crib!  Hi Monsters, How are you monsters?  Ok, bye bye monsters, see you later!"  She was very chipper about it.  I have no idea who the monsters were - but we're glad they were able to get along.

- Abby is very good at the phase "ONE more, Last one!"  But she doesn't really get it.  She asks "one more time?" over and over and over and over. and over. and...over.

- The other day she asked me "mama?  Youtube pwease?"  I seriously didn't know she knew that word.  SCARY.

- On Saturday, during our IHOP breakfast, I showed her the kids menu (which has pictures of all the options) and I asked her what she wanted.  She took a crayon and scribbled over the fruit bowl.  Then she saw some other fruit bowl pictures and went to scribble on each one.  Just the fruit bowls.  I mean, genius, right?  ;)

Ok, there's more (of course) but my battery is about to run out and my evening is getting late.  Talk to you later!

Abby sleeping during nap with aaaallll her friends.  Including, apparently, her halloween piggy bank?

1 comment:

*Jen* said...

Cute. Love the "Mama drink" and the random piggy bank in her crib!

background

counter