Thursday, November 18, 2010

exhaling

What a week.  What. A. Week.

There is so much that has gone on around here since Monday morning - some of it bad, some of it good, some of it just busyness.  But, a lot.

There's a fine line when it comes to sharing on your blog.  You have to decide what to share and when and so forth.  So, for now, I'm not going to get into all the specifics of everything that has happened this week.  Not because I don't want to share, but because it effects people other than myself.  Besides, chances are, most of you who are actually reading this know everything anyway.

But, there are things I want to talk about.

First of all, this has been a busy week at school for me.  I've had a lot of meetings - nearly a month's worth in a week.  That sounds worse than it is - I had about 8 meetings this week.  10 a month is what we hope for.  The 8 meetings wouldn't have been so tiring if I'd been a little further ahead on my report writing - but, I confess, I wasn't.  This means I've been getting to school by 6am most days this week so that I can write for a few hours before my meetings.  It's really not a huge deal - but it has made me very tired this week.  I'm not used to getting up quite as early as I have been, and my days aren't any shorter.

The result is, I'm a little worn out.  But, that's ok.

There were also weird random things that happened at school this week - staff being sick, fights exploding out of classrooms, kids acting out and having problems.  I dunno, maybe it's always like this, but it seemed more concentrated than usual this week.

Other than work, Kyle's family is dealing with several things.  These are the things I don't want to go into much detail about.  But, it suffices today that they lost a family member, unexpectedly.  They are dealing with that, and I know they (and I) appreciate all of the warm wishes and prayers that people have sent their way.  Kyle's going to be gone for the next few days helping out with things - so I'd appreciate any safe travel thoughts you'd like to send him as well.

Kyle's mother spent a short stint in the hospital as well this week for some chest pain of unknown origin. She's home now and on the mend.  Her tests and scans came back clear and the doctors had some other ideas for why she was having trouble.  Again, thank you so much for everyone who thought about her too - I know she appreciated it.

So, it's been a little bit of a crazy week around here.  Some unpredictable circumstances on top of a hectic work week.  I started laundry on Monday and just emptied the dryer 15 mins ago.  Yes, it took me 4 full days to get around to doing that.  It's been that kind of week. Needless to say the rest of the house is not exactly gonna win any Home & Garden awards either.  But that stuff - it's just not important. Not right now.

But, not all has been bad.  I've been glad that while things have been busy, I've been able to get everything done at work each day that I needed to.  In fact, my Friday is blessedly light at work tomorrow - and I'm very much looking forward to that change.  Tomorrow is my birthday, and I'm thankful for that.  I'm thankful that Abby is happy - and healthy.  I'm excited that I'm going to go see Harry Potter with friends tomorrow night.  One of my friends, Lauren, found out this week that she and her husband are expecting a baby after going through many infertility treatments and trials.  I'm so excited for them.    There is a lot to be thankful for, even in the midst of sadness.  It's good to remember that.

Cause it's a hard thing to see sometimes - but that's a blog post for later.

Anyway.  Here I am.  Thursday night, sitting in a dark and quiet house.  Exhaling.  Sending all my love to those in grief and then replenishing it again with the abundance of blessings around us.

1 comment:

Honey Mommy said...

Sending you some peaceful thoughts!

I know what you mean about sharing on your blog. Sometimes there are things I would like to say, but my mother-in-law reads my blog! So I filter a little bit.

background

counter