Saturday, November 20, 2010

birthday

I think 28 is probably better than 27.  Mostly just because it's an even number and that makes it a little easier to remember. ;)  We'll see what this year has in store...I think it's going to be a good one. 

I woke up at 4:30am on Friday morning to Kyle's alarm going off - it sounded like a german U-boat alarm and my first thoughts on my birthday morning were "Herr Kraut! The Americans have fired! Cloze de doorz and sealz de room!"  Seriously.  I was a bit disoriented.  Kyle had to go to the airport early, so once he was on his way, I dozed for a little while until I had to get up for work.

I stopped to treat myself to a (decaf) peppermint mocha before work.  Yum.  Work was good.  It was low key.  I don't ever take off work for my birthday, but I do try to schedule it in such a way that I can have an "easy" day.  My co-workers decided to have an impromptu pizza party and bought me flowers and a cake.  It was a really nice touch - everyone should have a piece of cake on their birthday, no?

Later that night, I put Abs to bed a little early and a few friends joined me to go see Harry Potter 7.  That was fun.  I enjoyed the movie and I enjoyed being out in the city (and out of the house after 7pm).  I also enjoyed the popcorn.  There is something about theater popcorn that is just. so. good.  Mmmmmmm.

That's the short version, but in all, it was a good day.  I got lots of love from all the facebook, text, and phone messages.  I even got to video chat with my parents for the first time. :)

Since Kyle is still gone, Abs and I had all day just to hang out together.  She has a little bit of a cold, so she wasn't feeling well this morning.  But, after some tylenol and a few cartoons, she was feeling better.  We went out and got breakfast together at IHOP.

this is her watching the waitress get her milk - like a hawk.

So, like I said, Abs has a bit of a cold which means she hasn't eaten a lot in the past few days.  But, apparently the Tylenol allowed her to feel hungry again.  She could have eaten my entire breakfast plus her own.  In fact, she did eat most of it.  And when it was all gone, she looked at me and asked, "Food??"  When I told her we had eaten it all - that he food was all gone - she started crying.  *faceplant*
enjoying her "yogurt".....er.....whipped cream.

Well, we continued on our morning.  We went to the mall, did a little shopping, and I treated Abs to all those silly little kid rides.
 ...which she loved. 


My favorite part of our morning was doing one of those photo booth things together.  Abby had no idea what was going on, but the pictures still make me happy.  Here's a picture of the pictures since I couldn't figure out how else to get them on here.

 Abby's medicine was wearing off as we got closer and closer to nap time.  She started getting fussier and so we headed home.  The poor kid fell asleep instantly.  It's only a 15 min ride home, but she was out like a light.  Unfortunately, that meant that even though I put her down for nap around 1pm - she didn't actually fall asleep until around 3.  She just played happily in her crib for 2 hours. Sigh.


Our evening was low key.  We video chatted with Kyle, watched cartoons, and ordered pizza.  We had a picnic in the living room and ate our pizza and watched sesame street together.  Abby's appetite was back.  She polished off 2.5 pieces of pizza, a bowl of cheerios, rasins, a cup of milk, and water.  Even as I was telling her it was time to go to bed, she was frantically stuffing handfuls cheerios in her mouth.  But, I take it as a good sign - that she's feeling a little better.  

pizza picnic

And now, here I am.  Blogging, surfing the internet, browsing what's on TV - putting my feet up.  I'll probably go to bed early - that sounds perfect.

So, for the record books, birthday 28 was nice.  I missed Kyle of course, but I very much enjoyed my day.  Thanks to all of you who made it so special. :)

2 comments:

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

that actually all sounds fabulous. Love those days.

jennybee said...

Even-numbered years are most definitely better. Glad it was happy.

background

counter