Thursday, November 4, 2010

apple pumpkin muffins

Every once in a while, I find a recipe that looks easy enough for me to try.  A blog friend posted this on her blog last week and I thought, "Well, I could do that"  In fact, I already had most of the ingredients. 

These are not only yummy and make your house smell like warm autumn goodness - but they're relatively healthy too.  There's no added oil, butter, or eggs.  If you're a weight watcher - they're 2 pts each.

Here's what you need:
1 box of spice cake mix
1 can of 100% pure pumpkin
2 apples
1/4 cup of water
Look, that's it!


1) peel and cut up the apples
(heart shape optional, but I hear it makes the muffins better....just sayin')


2) put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix

3) Fill your muffin cups and bake for 20 mins at 350

Sorry I don't have a picture of the after muffins.  Um...they didn't really last long. :)

Also, I took some cream cheese icing and drizzled a little bit on top of the muffins.  I'm sure that decreases the healthiness, but it increases my happiness.  Optional, of course. :)

3 comments:

Bobbi Sharp said...

Nom, nom, nom.

Jessica said...

Ooo! I'll have to try and find time to make those this weekend!

Brooke said...

Yummy stuff! I posted about these too :D Mmmmm! Easy, healthyish and delish - what a great combo!!

background

counter