Saturday, November 13, 2010

I'm still here

Sorry blog friends.  I know I've been a little MIA this week.  It's been a buuuusy week. :)

Work was a little busier than usual early in the week.  Partly because a lot of things were going on, partly because a lot of unexpected things came up, and partly because this was a 3 day work week for me and I was trying to cram everything into 3 days.  After work, I was running around trying to get errands done while also getting things ready for Billie Jo and Ricky to arrive on Wednesday night.  Somewhere between things I lost my house keys - and still haven't found them.  But, despite all that was hectic - things got mostly done and Billie Jo and Ricky arrived on Wednesday night.

Since then, we've been galavanting around the city and relaxing at home and just generally enjoying each other's company.  Abby likes having the extra attention and people to play with for sure.  Last night, a friend babysat for us and we all went out for a nice seafood dinner.  Billie Jo and I both have birthdays next week so it was a kind of a treat.  It was really nice to get out of the house and just walk the city at night.  We love the city at night.  Especially when the weather has been as nice as it's been the last few days.

Today we're planning on doing the Freedom Trail, which will take most of the day.  Tomorrow we're going to cook an early Thanksgiving dinner to celebrate, well, eachother, and maybe do some other touristy stuff.  Then it's back to work for me and back to Oregon for the Rodriguez clan.

I'm trying to soak up as much friend time as I can while they're here.  We're so blessed to have such good friends in our lives.

I'll try to update again soon.  Until then, here are a few pics.

happy birthday to me!
(a week early, ha)


Friends!

 Yummy Boston Creme Pie

And one of the munchkin for good measure
(in her new hat from her godparents :)

1 comment:

jennybee said...

Yay for best friends!

Also, is that grown up lobster tag you're playing there?

background

counter