Thursday, January 6, 2011

25 week ultrasound

As previously mentioned, my 19 week ultrasound and bloodwork showed that one of my blood levels was oh-so-slightly low.  It was below the "normal" range by .1 and, considering all my other numbers and stats, it is *really* nothing to worry about.

Nevertheless, the docs want to keep an eye on two things that this low number could, in theory, effect.  The first is my blood pressure and the second is the baby's weight.

Well, my blood pressure is not a problem.  Yesterday it registered in at 85/40.  I've always had low BP and I doubt that will change.  To measure baby, we got another ultrasound.  :)

With Abby, we had 2 ultrasounds.  One at 12, and one at 20 weeks.  With this baby, we will have 4 or 5 total - just so they can make sure the weight is fine. So, I'm not complaining - I'll take any peek they give me.

So, yesterday we went to the hospital and met with the tech and the doctor.  Everything looked "beautiful"  The baby is measuring in the 60th percentile at the moment for weight, so really, again, there's nothing to worry about in that arena.  But, just to double check - we will go back for yet another ultrasound in 6 weeks.  Score.

I was surprised at how babylike this baby looked.  I know that sounds silly, but I was just amazed.  On screen, I could imagine just picking it up and holding it on my chest.  I could really imagine what he or she is going to look like - even feel like.  It was weird.  It also made me realize that I really am looking forward to having a little baby.  It's not that I haven't felt that - it's just that I'm usually busy and preoccupied and don't spend hours daydreaming and wondering and what-if-ing like I did with Abby.

But yes, I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Anyway, here are a few of the pictures.  They are pictures of the pictures I took with my phone, so I apologize for the quality....I gotta go hook up the scanner at some point.

Baby #2 - hands by face.

  1.  


being shy


body shot



So, there you are.  Another peek at our future little one.

The pregnancy is still going well. I've started having a little heartburn here and there.  Not enough to take medicine for, but enough to think twice about what I eat.  But, overall, I feel good.

1 comment:

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

I still can't get over how much that baby looks like Abby. Those are some really great pictures.

background

counter