Thursday, January 6, 2011

You Capture - 10 best

In my photo library, I have 17,000 pictures that I took in 2010.  Of course, that doesn't include the ones I deleted.  When I saw that Beth wanted us to pick the top 10 from the year to share today - well, I didn't know where to start.  

I don't know if these are my 10 best pictures of 2010.  I'm pretty sure they aren't.  But, they are a few of my favorites - either for the memory they hold, a response they got, something.  when I flipped through those 17,000 pictures - these are ones that I paused on. 

One of my goals is to continue to take pictures in 2011, but to take better ones.  I want to develop this hobby a little further this year...and I'm hoping to continue (restart?) You Capture as a medium for that. 

So, enjoy!  I can't wait to see everyone else's top 10 pic picks. ;)

January 2010

Abby - 13 months old
 

Lavender at a farmer's market in Portland, OR

me and my bff

signs of summer

A sweet little inch worm.  Richard Scarry, anyone?

 Apple picking in the fall


announcing baby #2! 

fall pumpkins 


Abby's 2nd birthday party theme

Now, go see what everyone else is posting at I Should Be Folding Laundry.  :)

15 comments:

Brooke said...

Ghahhhh! I love these, all of them :D I love that you took nearly as many photos in one year as I did. Happy New YEAR :D

Amber D said...

What fun shots I like how abstract many of them are!

Brandy@YDK said...

you are so talented. and with a point and shoot. you could be a professional

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Oh my goodness. I just LOVE the second picture, the one of Abby.

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Great shots...love your photography!
Happy 2011!

C.G. Koens said...

I LOVE your inchworm shot and, of course, the pumpkins!! Great captures - can't wait to see what 2011 holds! :-)

Jen said...

So many neat shots! My favorite is Abby at months.

ToadMama said...

Nice captures! Me and my BFF and Announcing # 2 are my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

Laura- I love your pics, as always. My favs are Abby 13 months and the inch worm.

You could sell some of these pictures as art work, or as calendars. LOL

Tara said...

These are great, I love the second shot, pumpkins, and inch worm.

Unknown said...

Yay for all your fabulous photos! The one of you and your BFF's hands is so cool! Great captures! :)

Colleen said...

These are awesome! I love the inchworm and the snow covered tree and the picture of Abby from the back in the stripes. And of course, Abby is cute in any and all of the pictures!

Stillmary said...

Really wonderful photos. I loved browsing through your beautiful year and the crayon picture at the end was actually one of my favs.

deb duty said...

What fabulous photos! I especially love the inch worm!

Darcy said...

awwww...i love it when you use color and white! so so cool! love crayon shot and abby 13 month old shot!

background

counter