Friday, January 14, 2011

she'll be here all week, folks.

Abby makes us laugh all the time.  Often, it's the little things that we think are funniest.  Some of these things are things that only Kyle and I will find funny - because we're her parents.  And, when your a parent, you find things funny that others don't because you know all the ins and outs and quarks and thoughts of your child...so I think you're able to appreciate the subtlest of humors.

Tonight, Abby had us chuckling to ourselves time after time.  Some of these things will be "you had to be there" things.  But, well, I was there- and I want to remember them.  Thus this blog.  :)

When we all got home tonight, Kyle and I sat on the couch and were discussing work-related issues.  We had decided that we would eat dinner after Abby went to bed and just feed her separately tonight.  Apparently, we weren't moving quickly enough for hungry Abby.  While Kyle and I were talking amongst ourselves, she went into the kitchen, got her step stool, climbed up and grabbed a banana and ran back to us.  She threw the banana next to me and, very enthusiastically, asked "You wanna banana??"  Before I could so much as tell her "ok"  She was saying "Why, yes!  Sure! Thank you mama!"  I started to peel it, but she wanted to do that part herself.  She was also very happy to go throw the peel away and tell us - in no uncertain terms - that she was being a "BIG helper"

Kyle and I laughed because she just took matters into her own hands.  She was hungry - she went and found herself some food.

seconds after she finished her banana - she came back with an orange.  Same thing.  She wanted to peel it herself, and then enjoyed it.  At this point, I decided we should probably go feed her a real dinner.

I go to the fridge to get a bell pepper and some hummus (per Abby's request).  I pull out the bell pepper and as I'm walking with it to the cutting board, Abby - like a pirana jumping out of the water - latches on to the bell pepper teeth first and takes a huge chunk out of it.  Like, she didn't even try to take it away from me - she just took a big bite while I walked with it.  It took me aback.  I told her she should wait for me to cut it for her - but she was marching around the kitchen giving us exaggerated "MMMMM!  Bell Pepper Yummy!" commentary.  Obviously proud of herself.

While we're eating - Kyle decided to try out the new facetime function of my ipod touch.  This means, he was video chatting with me.  I was on my phone in the kitchen - he was on the computer in the office.  This confused Abby a little bit.  She chatted with Kyle on my phone (video style) for a second and then said bye.  When Kyle joined us in the kitchen again, Abby says "Oh Hi!  There's the real daddy!"

Later, when Kyle left again, Abby started chanting over and over "Oh, Daaaaaaaady, where aaaaaare you??"  Even after he came back - she kept it up.  Then, she changed it to "Oh, Coffee, where are you?"

....we're really not sure where that came from.

Then she painted the wall with her hummus.

...that got her in trouble.  But, then she offered to clean it up for us.  And she did.  I gave her a wipe, and she cleaned the whole wall.

I dunno.  There was more after that.  Little things that she said during our bedtime routine and funny things she did earlier in the day.  But, my mind is getting sleepy now.

I'll leave you with this video.  I know it's about 60 seconds longer than most people will care to sit and watch - but, hey, that's ok.  :)  Just some afternoon dancing.

 

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

i can't get the video to work. is it just me?

background

counter