Thursday, January 13, 2011

snow day #2

As previously mentioned, I got off work today too.  Kyle didn't - but that's ok, we need him to go make money. ;)

Unlike yesterday, today the roads are (mostly) clear and the sun is out and the sky is blue and everything is sparkly and white.  It's really pretty.  We decided to venture out this morning and pick up a few things we needed at Target.  

We had a good, productive trip.  One of the things on our list to get was "big girl underwears" for Abs.  She's quite excited about them.  I'm not sure we're ready for them...but we're thinking about taking advantage of this upcoming 3 day weekend to do some more potty training with her.  We've been kinda slacking, so we'll see how she does.  At the moment, she's excited about them.  Let's hope that stays. 

our snow day breakfast.  :)
(Abby got to sprinkle the sugar on the toast and say "it's snowing on bweakfast!")

After we got home from Target, we took it easy for a few and then decided to head outside.  My aunt and uncle got Abby this adorable jacket a year ago.  It was way too big of course, but it's been hanging in her room for over a year now and so I was excited to see her in it.  I was happy to find that it fit perfectly, was warm, and....that hood - it melts me.  So, thanks Mary & Robert for the awesome jacket.


We spent most of our time outside today throwing snow.  The snow is really dry and powdery, so making a snowman was proving to be a bit difficult for both of us.  Luckily, Abby was just as, if not more, content to simply throw the stuff.

...*whistling* Walking in a winter wonderland...

I don't really ever get tired of looking at her.  I know, I KNOW... 
It's a mom thing, but, so what. :)

Abby trying to decide what to do next.  
By the looks of it, I think she was thinking about jumping in.


We taught Abby to kick her boots to get the snow off before coming inside.  
It didn't really dawn on her that kicking the snow was a bit counter productive. 

trying to make snowballs.

hi mom.

playing in the "tunnel"

the icicles are on the large side.

We came back inside to warm up (with yet MORE hot chocolate ;) and we had lunch.  Abby's down for her nap now - she went easily.  I think I'll use some of the time left in the afternoon to do a few productive things around the house for a change.  

It's back to work tomorrow...which should be interesting since I'm massively behind on things now.  I'm gonna try to just roll with it, but wish me luck all the same. ;)

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

good luck back to work tomorrow and with potty training! and watch for those icicles when it warms up a little. those look dangerous!

jennybee said...

I seriously love that jacket. I would wear it. :)

Fantastic pics, as always. Helps to have such a lovely subject.

background

counter