Monday, April 28, 2008

doctor doctor

So today is Monday and was supposed to be the first day back to work after spring break.  I wasn't sure how things would go, so I made sure I was up early so I could accurately assess my state of health before work.  I got up at 5:30, and by 9:30, I called the boss.  I couldn't do it.  Fever was back and I just couldn't move.  

Kyle called the doctor for me and I went.  Now, what you need to know, is that I haven't been to the doctor's office on my own since being a legal adult.  The last time I had prescribed medicine was in 9th grade.  So, in a lot of ways, this whole doctor bit is new to me.  Anyway, I went.  After the doctor told me where to go and how to pick up my subscription (that's sad, I know), I was off to CVS for some good 'ol amoxicillin.  

Long story a little shorter: I got the meds and came home and spent the rest of the day in bed.  I'm hoping that this stuff helps.  I can't afford to miss any more work...I'm already not sure if I'll be able to catch up after missing today.  

And one more thing on a slightly different note...
Kyle, as I've mentioned, has also been sick.  He stayed up all night doing the laundry that I've been neglecting and every time he heard me cough or sniffle throughout the night, he came in the room to check on me.  He dabbed my head with a cold rag, rubbed my back, got me water, crackers, OJ, anything I asked for.  His temperature was higher than mine, yet he really went above and beyond to help me.  He's even cooked dinner two nights in a row.  :)  I just had to share, because he's been so amazing.

Here's to health.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lawa,
You look very pitiful. I hope you feel better soon. Kudos to Kyle for taking such good care of you. I always knew he was a keeper.
Y.

background

counter