Thursday, April 10, 2008

slug day


Sometimes I have spurts of amazing productivity.  Today was not one of those days.  The kids I needed to see at work decided not to come to school today (an all too common and frustrating occurrence)  So, that means that now I have to find room in my schedule to test them next week...which is the week before our spring break...so chances that they'll show up then are slim.  It's just frustrating because my schedule can get really tight and these constant rescheduling just crunch everything up.  Anyway, I decided that after no testing was going to get done today, that I would spend some good time doing some real good record reviews.  Turns out the file room (affectionally known to us as the "hot room" due to it's constant 90 degree temperature) was out of lights.  So, there I am, in this hot room that it pitch black with the roar of generators all over, looking through files with a little mini flashlight.  I actually kind of felt like a spy....until I felt lightheaded, then I just felt frustrated again and gave up.  

It's not been a productive day.  I didn't feel like going grocery shopping after work, or returning the overdue wii game...  I just came home and became a slug.  

I did clean the kitchen, as my offering to the husband...who is sick and pitiful looking.  I fed him broccoli and ice cream for dinner per his request....  Yum?

I'm hoping that I can get something, anything done this evening.  I should go exercise....but the chances of that happening are probably the same as those kids coming to school next week.

No comments:

background

counter