Saturday, April 5, 2008

Friday.

Yesterday was the first Friday of the month, which means that I spend the whole day in a professional development seminar.  I actually enjoy these meetings, because I always learn something, and it's nice to see my fellow school psychs, and it's a nice break from testing and meetings at the school.  Yesterday was extra special, because we were allowed to leave at lunch instead of closer to 4:00.  Instead of leaving, me and the other two full time interns went out to lunch at the olive garden.  

It was soooo nice to spend some time at a nice lunch with some girls who are in the same position (job-wise) as I am.  We just talked and talked.  I hadn't thought about it really, but other than Kyle, and phone calls to my sister, I don't spend much time just talking about stuff.  But, you put three psych interns together, and we have plenty to discuss.  It's also nice to have a few  co-workers to ask questions and bounce ideas off.  Both of these girls are good at what they do, and sweet too.  So, I just really enjoyed the company...and the breadsticks and salad.  

For dinner, Kyle and I went out to the cheesecake factory, for my next mystery-guest assignment.  We get to go out and take note of things, and get partially reimbursed, which is enough for us to justify going.  Again, another nice meal, and more good conversation.  

It's nice to take time to relax and enjoy a nice meal, especially at the end of a very, very, stressful week.  

No comments:

background

counter