Wednesday, April 23, 2008

food

This week has been my spring break.  I've spent the majority of it feeling sick...not fun.  Kyle's sick too, so we make a pretty pitiful pair.  However, today was the first day in about a week that I actually wanted food.  I swear I almost forgot what it was like to be hungry.  

I took the opportunity to go grocery shopping with Kyle.  It's really hard to go shopping when you feel nauseous, so we were pretty low on the basics.  Now we're all stocked up...except that I noticed that while we usually do a good job of only buying healthy items, this time around, we gave in to more cravings. I think because we both don't feel good and wanted "easy" things to fix.  I've been wanting chef boyardee ravioli really bad. So I got these two freakishly huge cans.  Really, anything with marinara sauce.  And tacos.

I haven't had taco bell since we moved to Boston...which is probably a really good thing.  However, yesterday, in the midst of feeling nauseous, I really wanted a surpreme chicken soft taco.  Kyle and I were on our way downtown, and we were going to pass the only taco bell within 30 mins of us.  So, Kyle let us stop.  We got off the train, walked down the block, and...it was closed.  Gone.  Of course, this being the ONLY thing that I wanted and I'd been thinking about my taco for hours, and being hormonal.  I cried.  Not hard, just sad.  It was, once again, pitiful.  

I settled for some string cheese at the convenience store.  

Anyway, it's funny (and slightly annoying) the way food cravings and aversions play with me. Things will sound good one second and be the most disgusting thing ever the next.  I can't do boiled eggs.  There was one in my lunchbag the other day...big mistake.  Also, all the fresh veggies that I love, especially fresh spinach has sounded really bad lately.  I don't think that's fair.  I think my body should WANT good things.  Wouldn't that make more sense??   

I guess I don't get to make the rules.  

1 comment:

hannah said...

i love that you cried when taco bell was closed. that's totally something i would do. i read that your body craves the food that you need. so maybe you're good on iron...not wanting spinach and all.

i never drink milk. well, before now i didn't drink milk. i was chugging it from the carton this morning around 1 am. woke up and wanted it. the first time this has ever happened.

the best part...this is only the beginning for you. :)

background

counter