Monday, June 1, 2009

challenge update

Today marks the end of the 42 day challenge I did with all the other girls who joined it.  The rules were basically no sweets, no fried foods, (I also gave up sodas), lots of water and exercise.  Simple. :)  

My goal was to lose 10 lbs.  I didn't make it.  I lost 7.  But that's ok - and I'm not the least bit upset about it.  Overall, I did pretty well with the challenge.  I had one week of complete and utter failure, but got back on the train after that.  It wasn't nearly as hard to give up sweets as I thought it was going to be.  I went almost 5 weeks without using a single cheat.  Most importantly, I'm stronger now, and while I still have a while before I fit into my pre-preg clothes, I feel better.  

So, because so many of us enjoyed the group accountability - we are starting up a second session.  Challenge 2 will be 12 weeks long - though the summer.  The rules are pretty much the same and I'm confident that if I stick with them, I will continue to lose around a pound a week.  That's what I'm hoping anyway.  I'm also hoping that once school is out, I'll have a little more time to be more active.  If I meet my goal of 12 lbs in 12 weeks, I should be very close to my pre preg weight.  Ideally, my long term goal is to lose another 18 lbs. 

I'm excited.  I like the beginning of these things - when everyone is feeling optimistic and motivated.  I used my free day yesterday (the day between challenges) to visit the cheesecake factory.  And much to my surprise, I didn't even finish my cheesecake.  

So, here's to being healthy, one baby step at a time.  

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

so proud of you. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Laura. You will meet your goal, if only not quite on scedule. You are my model to shape up.

Granny

background

counter