Friday, November 20, 2009

27.

As Kyle so lovingly pointed out this morning - I'm officially in my late twenties. :)

I had a really great birthday and am filled with gratitude for the kindnesses shown. I'm very thankful for all the amazing family and friends in my life.

I had a million facebook birthday wishes - and it was fun to hear my phone go off all day with each new notification. At one point at work, my attempts to muffle my phone weren't working and the girl I was testing quietly told me "you seem really popular" ha. I explained that this wasn't normal. What did we do before facebook, anyway? That's a whole other topic I suppose.

So my workday was normal - I managed to keep things low key and leave a few mins early. I hung out with Abby until Kyle got off work. Kyle had a terribly stressful day yesterday - and he's not done yet. But he told me very clearly that it didn't matter how many papers he had to write or how much stress he had from work - he was taking me out to dinner and I was going to like it. Well then, yes sir.

I got a call from my sister that was wonderful news. She told me that she and my brother had booked tickets to come visit us on Abby's birthday! My brother has never been to Boston and I miss them both so much that it's very exciting to have them come - not to mention how much it means to me that Abby will have family with her for her 1st birthday. It was the best present I could have asked for! I can't wait. :)

So after work my wonderful hubby came home and we opened gifts before heading out for dinner. He and Abby gave me the matching bracelet to the necklace they gave me for mothers day. It's lovely. :) I felt quite spoiled by the presents from various friends and family. Thank you all.

Kyle surprised me by taking me to Ruth Chris Steak House. They have one downtown, and we'd never been. One of my favorite things about living in Boston is being downtown with Kyle. I love the city at night and I completely enjoyed just having time to ourselves to walk through the city and enjoy the lights and sounds....sans diaper bag or stroller. We've not had enough time to just be together and really sit and talk for a while now - and it was so refreshing to do just that.

Kyle pointed out that the last date we had was in Australia, and neither of us could remember the last one we had in the country - although I suspect it was earlier in the summer.

So, we made it to the restaurant and spent the next few hours spending too much money on amazing food and allowing ourselves to enjoy the treat. I had the biggest steak of my life and it was delicious, some great appetizers, drinks, sides, and a creme brulee later - we were both ready to pop.

We came home and Kyle stayed up all night writing the paper that he put aside to take me out. Poor guy. He's on the couch beside me now - at 6am - finally getting a little rest.

I just heard Abby wake up too - so I'm out of time to write. But I just wanted to document the day and my first birthday as a mom. I'm so thankful for so much. I'm a very lucky girl.

Abby, thank you for the beautiful bracelet you and daddy gave me - but more importantly, thank you for all the wonderful experiences you've given me this past year.

And Kyle, thank you for being so adamant that we spend time together even when it made other things harder for you. I love you and will always make time for you and for us. I can't imagine a day without you. Thank you for all you do for our family. We all love you.

3 comments:

*Jen* said...

Yay! What a lovely day :)

jennybee said...

Great birthday! I'm so excited about taking Michael to Boston and being there for Abby's birthday! Hugs. Can't wait.

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a happy birthday!

~Leah

background

counter