Wednesday, November 18, 2009

busy days

Wow - it's been nearly a week since I posted last. Sorry about that. Things have just been super busy this week and I've not had the time or energy to sit down and blog.

...which is what I would rather be doing most of the time, so you know if I don't get around to it - things really are busy.

I have twice the recommended case load at work this month. It makes things really busy of course, but when you consider that we had 5 days off this month - that means I've had twice the caseload to complete in 3 weeks. Just really busy. I've had to bring reports home to finish at night all month -and I hate doing that. I've been getting to work an hour or more early everyday too. I do work better in the mornings, and its a good habit for me to get here early and get stuff done before the kids get here.

Anyway. Kyle's sister is also visiting us for the week. So, that's been fun so far too. She's still working while she's here, but working remotely. So her days are a balancing act of getting her work done and baby wranglin' I swear Abby said her name last night, it was weird and funny. The nanny, Beckah, is still coming over a few times this week for the sake of keeping up a routine and to help Kyra out too. She's still working out well and we all like her. :)

Abby, you can tell, is trying to figure out words more and more. She'll kind of point to things and "ask" what they are and when you say the name she'll watch your mouth really intently and sometimes she'll try to imitate it. So far, all the imitations kind of sound the same, but I'm convinced that she recognizes more and more words. Duck or Duckie is a really popular one that she's been trying to figure out. And fish - although she hasn't mastered the "f" sound yet.

She's just turing into a little person right before my eyes. Everyday she becomes more and more toddlerish and less and less babyish. I love just watching her figure things out. Yesterday she started to mimic "no" by shaking her head. She grabbed a phone wire and I said "Abby, no" and shook my head. She put it down and just looked at me. Then she looked back at the wires and started shaking her head. Then would look at me as if to say, "right? this is no, right?"

Sometimes it's hard not to laugh or giggle or smile when you're teaching her something is off limits because it's so stinkin' cute to watch her figure it out.

She also learned how to open the kitchen drawers yesterday. We don't have any hardware on them, so she hadn't tried to open them yet. But yesterday she figured it out and spent some time pulling out all the dish towels.

In other Abby news, her runny nose seems to have cleared up and I think the teething is slowing down just a bit - we only have one cutting right now instead of four.

So, lucky for me, the rest of my week and month, actually, are going to be a little less hectic than the past few. Hopefully I'll find my blogging time again and do a better job of posting daily - or at least every other day. I think Kyle and I may go out on one of those date things I hear about while Kyra is up here to babysit and then we're taking Kyra out to see Avenue Q on Friday (front row center!) and I know we're All looking forward to that.

Back to work for me now. Have a great day. I'll leave you with some abbypics taken with our phones.


Auntie Kyra's calculator is the coolest thing Ever.



exploring blocks - weight, texture, color, taste.

dancing to Brittany - strike a pose



4 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

cute pictures. love how she has her arm hanging out. have fun on your date

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

Doesn't it suck to be a grown-up and have the holidays be jam-packed with work instead of a nice, quiet break?? YUCK.

that Abby is smart as a whip, btw. leaps ahead of G. Probably because of all the sleep. ;)

Heather said...

Aww Love the last pictures with her arm out. LOL

Anonymous said...

Ha! I thought it funny how she's stripping to Britney. What are you teaching her up there Laura? ;-)

~Leah

background

counter