Monday, November 9, 2009

monday

what a day.

I left for work this morning with a long list of to-do items and I left work this afternoon with 2 things checked off. But the rest of the day was jam packed full of things that I hadn't anticipated, but had to be dealt with. Stressful things that I would have rather not had on my plate today, but - it comes with the job and so you deal.

Kyle started the morning getting ready for his first day at his new job. The nanny was a little late due to traffic, so Kyle was a bit stressed. In the end, everything worked out and he got to work fine.

The nanny that came today was not the person we asked to take the job last week. That nanny got food poisoning over the weekend, so we called our back up nanny to cover today and tomorrow for us. She was extremely gracious and saved our bacon. Abby did great.

The nanny said that Abby was perfect all day - she even slept an extra hour at nap time, didn't cry at all, and was good during her diaper change. HuH? Yeah. I also appreciated that the nanny texted me every so often to let me know things were going well. I was very happy to hear that things went well and that Abby took the transition well. In hindsight, she takes everything in stride most of the time, I shouldn't have been surprised.

However, the original nanny will be coming over wednesday through friday. So, hopefully things continue to go well. We'll see how things go.

I drove Kyle from work to class and we had about 15 mins to talk. He gave me the brief version of his day and I gave him the short version of mine. Neither of us had long enough to do either story justice, but it was better than nothing. So, now I'm home, Abby is asleep, and Kyle is still in class. He should be home around 10.

I have a report to write tonight for a very important meeting tomorrow. It's the one meeting that my boss comes to observe me on, and it has turned out to be a bit of a complicated case. So, I'm a little nervous about the whole thing and will be extremely glad to have it behind me.

wish me luck.

Here are a few pictures in the meantime.

Abby using her play dome as a convenient seat

we went to a book signing on sunday (more on that later) and Abby was plumb tuckered out. Poor Kyle held 20 lbs of dead weight for over an hour before finding a seat.

baby zzzzzs

1 comment:

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

I can't believe nobody offered him their seat!!!

That Abs, she sure is a good sleeper...

background

counter