Thursday, November 5, 2009

the library

I was inspired by my friend hannah to seek out our local library. It turns out, that it's about a mile from where we live. :) So, after Abby woke from her nap we packed up and went to get a library card.

It's always hard getting out during that time of day now. At 4:45 it was mostly dark, and by 5 it can't get much darker. So, it just means that it takes a little more motivation to actually go anywhere. Time change was more fun before kids.

The library was a lot bigger than I expected. I would have taken a picture - but, again, it was pitch black out. Abby and I made our way in and got a library card and directions to the children's room.
woah, mom. there's a lot of books here.

did you see these??

This is Abby being confused as to why we're taking field trips after dark. Ok, so she was actually just banging on the window sill for five minutes, but she was having fun.

Of course, since she's figured out this whole crawling thing (talk about a lightbulb moment!) This is the view I get most of the time

The librarian was very sweet and didn't make fun of me at all when I asked if I could take a picture of Abby checking out her first library book. In fact, I think she was kinda excited about being a part of that moment. And yes, Abby picked the Andy Warhol book of colors. Good taste, no? :)

this is Abby's favorite picture - this is for you Aunt Jennifer

The library has tons of groups and activities for little ones, and I'm very excited to make this a regular part of our week. Maybe next time, mom will get some books too. :)

3 comments:

hannah said...

yay for abby's first library book!!!! wasn't it all you expected and more!? i call my weekly visit to the library my "blood pressure medication". seriously.

so glad you guys have one close. have a great weekend!

Brandy@YDK said...

that;s so very very exciting. I want to take g now.

Billie Jo said...

Yay! As you know, I love love love books and always want to buy Abby all of them every time I go to a bookstore. Glad to know she can borrow them for free. :) (Not to say she shouldn't own some of the classics, too). Miss you guys.

Love the crawling view, too!

background

counter