Tuesday, November 24, 2009

stray thoughts

1. I don't know why I always try to get sick before the holidays. I can tell I have a fever today - not enough to worry about - but enough of one to make me feel icky and tired.

2. I can't wait for Thanksgiving break - only a day and a half away.

3. Several of the babies from my birth board are turning one this week - and so the rest of us are soon to follow. I get really happy when one of the other babies reaches that milestone - and it also makes me panic a little bit.

4. I finally made invitations for Abby's party - I'm really hoping that they print well.

5. I had chocolate chip cookies for dinner last night. fail.

6. I'm secretly happy that the psych office asked me to turn some of my referrals back in because I "have way too many" I could have done them all - but it will be a big relief to have some of them taken off my plate.

7. I'm thankful that I have a job.

8. Working full time and going to school full time is hard (been there) and it's hard on Kyle too. I appreciate the sacrifices he makes for us - but sometimes I wish we could afford for him to work less - or not at all.

9. Abby makes me smile everyday.

10. My throat hurts and my head is hot. Ugh.

11. I gave in last night and turned on Christmas music. I didn't feel well, so I took a nap on the couch after Abby went to bed with the music playing. It was one of the most relaxing naps I've had in a long time. I think Christmas music is great.

12. Wouldn't it be nice if plane tickets were free for everybody?

13. Abby really likes her nanny, and we do too.

14. I would give just about anything to go home right now and put on my comfy PJs and crawl back in bed.

15. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving - we're spending it with several of my co-workers and I think it will be really nice.

16. Ok, that's all the time I can spare right now. Off to the next meeting. Have a great Tuesday everyone.

1 comment:

*Jen* said...

I love Christmas music and turned it on while we were visiting family this weekend. Paige seems to like it.

I also wish flights were free. At least for the holidays!

I hope you're feeling better!

background

counter