Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration

What a day.   

I love these kinds of events.  The kind that unite people and electrify the masses.  I loved watching the coverage of the inauguration when they would show pictures of hundreds of thousands of people on the mall in DC.  The sheer numbers are awe inspiring, but what I really love is how complete strangers are united.  They cheer and hug and sing together.  

I love seeing pictures of people in large numbers stopped in the street in times square watching Obama make his speech.  People all over the country - the world- gathered to watch together. 

I teared up watching Obama walk onto the platform, seeing the crowd shots of old people and children crying for joy.  I teared up listening to the speech.  It's all just very - brace for the cliche - historic.  

I wanted Abby to "watch" the speech.  Just so I can tell her one day that she did.  I'm so happy that this has happened in her life.  That she will never know differently.  Here's a scary thought for you - out little baby Abby could be 8 years old when Obama leaves the White House.  Crazy.  
We had some fun with the festivities today.  I made my Democratic BLUE-berry Obama Inaugural muffins this morning, and Abby and I had a fun time with the camera and her best presidential outfit (Thanks Granny).

I'd write more- but laundry calls and baby cries.  :)  But, oh, before I go - Abby finally did crash out last night and slept great.  So far today she's right back on track for a more normal wake-sleep pattern.  Maybe she was just excited about the Inauguration.  Who knows. 

Obama muffins


Ms. President


with the whole world in her hands




4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

I was hoping for an Obama cake...

Anonymous said...

This is a day that might just live in infamy!!

Anonymous said...

yaknow...I didnt vote either because I was on the fence on who to vote for...but both had issues one could agree with.

I agree with you completely, though.

Ben and Bethany said...

i'll vote for her...i'll be 100 but i'll vote for her :)

background

counter