Sunday, January 11, 2009

weekend update.

Yesterday, Kyle and I took Abby out shopping.  We drove out to the burbs where all the big box stores live and spent all day walking around and getting things here and there.  We got Kyle new clothes and picked up some cute outfits for the Abster as well.  We picked up some economy sized boxes of diapers and wipes and even visited the wal-mart while we were out there.  Visiting wal-mart is always crazy out there because despite the massive crowds that the store always has - they only have 4 or 5 checkout counters open (including the express lane).  Anyway, it always takes longer than we want - but where else can I get cute baby clothes for 75 cents?

This trip was the first time we used our full stroller.  We actually only used it in one store - but it came in handy anyway.  It was also the first time we brought a bottle to feed Abby.  We gave her her first bottle the night before.  Well, Kyle did.  She drank it waaay to fast and didn't keep much of it down (live & learn) but we were glad to know that she doesn't appear to have Any problems taking one.  She's not picky about her food, that's for sure.  

While we were in walmart, this man walked by our cart.  He was maybe in his 30s or 40s and cognitively delayed.  He was there with a woman who looked like she might be a caretaker of sorts.  Anyway, he was talking with her when he walked by our cart and stopped to say "Ooh, look, a baby!  Such a pretty baby"  Then he looks at Kyle and says "Wow, that's your baby.  No denying that!  That is His baby for sure" and he just kept walking.  Kyle was just beaming.  

Last night, Karen  & Sarah came over and we hung out and played some wii games together.  We've actually managed to get together everyday since Wednesday and hang out - which has been fun.  It started snowing last night.  Everything looks pretty today.  

We slept in this morning.  It was nice.  Its not like me to sleep in - but I was tired, maybe from the shopping and the late night wii games, I dunno, but I didn't get out of bed until after noon - which is very rare for me.  It felt good though!  

Oh, speaking of feeling good - I started working out again this week.  I'm technically supposed to wait until 6 weeks post partum I think, but I feel fine and I can't stand not working out any longer.  I'm so eager to start trying to trim myself back down.  I know it will take time.  It took me 9 months to gain the weight, so it'll take some time to lose it.  I'm not one of the lucky ones who fit in their pre pregnancy clothes when they left the hospital.  No sir.  But, nevertheless, I'm optimistic that I'll one day be down to a more comfortable size.  Wish me luck - and keep me accountable.  

So, I'm going to return to by super lazy sunday now.  May your day be as restful.  

(Kyle giving Abby her first bottle)

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

We should be east/ west coast workout buddies!

background

counter