Sunday, January 18, 2009

snow

I woke up a little before 5am this morning and noticed that it was snowing outside.  It looked like it had been snowing for a while from the looks of the roads.  When we got up at 8, it was snowing even harder.  Abby and I hung out this morning while Kyle slept in (is it sleeping in if you went to bed at 4am?), and the whole time the snow kept falling.  

I remembered that Kyle and I had a lunch appointment with the Cheesecake factory.  Almost a year ago, I signed up to be a mystery guest for them.  So, every so often, we sign up for a time and we go eat.  We take note of things and fill out a survey when we get home.  They used to reimburse you up to a certain amount - now they just send you gift cards...but whatever.  It's been a nice way for us to make sure we get out every now and then.  However, if you sign up for a visit and then don't go - they drop you. 

So, as Kyle and I read the winter storm warnings and watched the snow piling up - we questioned whether we should venture out or not.  Of course, we did.  If you know me - no snow is going to keep me from cheesecake.  

So, we went and drove slow in the gooves of cars before us.  It was fine.  We ate.  It was yummy. 

On the way home from lunch, we stopped by BC so Kyle could drop off a book.  I snapped a few shots from the car.  It doesn't give the snow justice - it's really very pretty.  It's the first snow we've had that's Really covered everything enough to make it pretty- and not just sludgy. Boston is very pretty in the snow.  I'm hoping that one of the next few days will by sunny and maybe Abby and I can venture out and get some nice outdoor snow pictures.  

On another subject - can I just note that Abby loves bathtime?  I'm happy that she seems so at ease with it, at least for now.  As long as she's warm, she'll almost fall asleep in her little sling bath chair.  After her bath, what little hair she has sticks straight up - it's pretty funny, I should get a picture.  Anyway.  That was a little random, I know.  

enjoy the snow pics.

crazy college kids playing football in the snow.  It looked like a LOT of fun.  

The golden eagle

road home

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps some Boston Snow pictures I got for Christmas this year.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Oops the computer goofed. I meant
to say maybe we can continue adding to the snow pictures in the snow album I got this year with
Boston pictures.

Linda

background

counter