Monday, January 5, 2009

we're back

I have too many things to write about.  Too many things have happened over this Christmas break for me to catch up on.  Too many things to try to fit into a single blog posting - I'd have to have like 20.  

But, I'll try to summarize.  

We had a great trip.  Abby traveled very well and was a silent little sleeper during all her flights.  She got lots of attention and compliments.  

We had a great time seeing family.  The family enjoyed seeing Abby - and some of them noticed that Kyle and I came home too.  ;-)

Christmas was good.  Some of Christmas was weird.  Some of Christmas was hectic, but most of it was good.  Abby was appropriately spoiled and showered in gifts.  

[insert interesting blog about parallels in having a new baby during Christmastime and how meaningful everything is and how much I love Christmas hymns]

For New Years Eve, we visited with our godson and his family.  Had a great time.  And then played with our college friends for a bit.  I missed the ball drop, but didn't really care.  I had a glass of wine and got a kiss from my husband.  

We all ate black eyed peas on New Years at my aunts new apartment.  It's important to have black eyed peas on New Years.  And cornbread.  And family...but not necessarily in that order. 
Kyle and I enjoyed spending time with our friends...we miss them and love them.
  
In 12 days, I went to 4 mass services, 1 church service, a baptism and a wedding.  Lots of church. But it was nice.  

We got drinks from sonic at every opportunity.  We also ate at cracker barrel, which was delightfully southern.  Of course we hit up Chick-fil-A and Stoby's as well as Los Amigos.  So, y'know, it was worth the trip.   I miss southern food. 

Spent time with the family in Pine Bluff.  It was nice to have some low-key time.  Abby got to get some good Grandpa time in - and I'm not sure who enjoyed it more....but they both seemed pretty happy about it. I was happy about it too.  Grandparents are good things - and they're fun to watch too.  

[Insert the deep insightful and heartfelt blog post about the beginning of a new year with a new baby here and all this year has in store for us.]

We checked 3 bags on the flight home.  1 was overweight.  This cost $140.  That. is. crazy.  

Kyle wanted to take the T back to our apartment from the airport- with 3 suitcases, a pack-n-play, backpack, and a car seat full of baby.  Oh, and it was 30 degrees and raining.  Again - crazy.  ....we got a cab. 

It was super to visit Arkansas.  It made me miss home like it always does, and I could have stayed longer and been fine.  But, of course, it's nice to be back in Boston too - where our home is now.  I'm happy to be back and start a routine again.  





  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you guys and meet little Abby. :) Glad you got home okay.

Anonymous said...

I guess I could've told you that Leah left that comment....

Anonymous said...

You've been gone about 12 hours and it seems like 12 months! Thank you for the joy of getting to know our precious Abigail......she just too adorable. And YES.....we did notice she brought her parents with her! We are immensely proud of their ability to give all of us a beautiful baby to go crazy over. But we enjoyed having them home and will keep praying they will move closer to their loved ones as soon as possible. God is good! Love you 3.........Ouma

Billie Jo said...

I love the picture of you with her in the sling. It is such a good capture of your personality. :-) Can't wait to be traipsing around Boston with you and Abby like that in a few weeks!

background

counter