Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bunker Hill Day etc.

Boston has a lot of holidays. Yesterday was one of them.

I'm not usually one to argue with a free day off school - but when that day falls on the last week of classes - it does seem a little silly. Nevertheless, I got to stay home yesterday and chill with the girl child.

Abs and I decided to take a stroll after her morning nap. I thought that she might enjoy sitting in her stroller instead of the car seat. We've never tried to sit her in the stroller before, so it was all new. Of course it was big on her - but after a little adjusting, she seemed secure enough not to fall out. :) The day was beautiful. Sunny, clear, 72 degrees. It was great. We took a 45 min walk around the neighborhood and the reservoir. Abs was in the zone. Every so often I would stop and check to see if she was asleep or not. She was always awake, but with this glazed over staring-into-the-abyss type look on her face. She would eventually snap out of it and give me a little half smile before we kept going. All in all, I think it went well.

When I mentioned to Kyle that I was thinking about putting her in the stroller, he didn't say anything at first. He was quiet for a long time and I went about doing whatever I was doing. Several minutes later I asked him what he was thinking about and he said "she's not supposed to be big enough for the stroller yet" It's bittersweet watching them get bigger.

So, we had a good day, relaxing. I made it to the gym in the evening, we had a nice fish & veggie dinner and watched more HGTV shows. ...That makes me laugh.

Speaking of the gym. My friend Billie Jo inspired me to try to learn to run. So, I've been trying. I'm not very good at it. At all. I can run half a mile before I putter out. I know it's a building process, but I can be impatient. I am proud of myself that I've managed to spend at least a mile to a mile and a half on the treadmill once or twice a day every day this week. It doesn't help that my earbuds broke so I don't have any music to listen to. I keep telling myself that once I have music -I'll magically be able to run farther. How the music is supposed to cure that punctured lung feeling I get about 6 mins in? I'm not sure, but I just know it will. ;o)

I have been eating really really well this week. I've been proud of that. I have a daily & weekly calorie allotment - and with the exercising, I'm nearly 1000 calories under my weekly budget as of Wednesday. In other news, I've got some Px90 action heading my way - we'll see if I can find the time I need to commit over the summer.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for students. The whole next week is just cleaning and packing up and getting things squared away for the summer. I am NOT a fan of this late june school year. I would MUCH rather start in August and get out in May. As it is, We start 2/3 weeks later than everybody else (in the south at least) and get out 4-6 weeks later. No fun. But, c'est la vie, and I've only got a few more days left.

And with that - I need to get back to this report - my last report of the year! Have a great Thursday people. ;)

4 comments:

*Jen* said...

Laura, I like your food poll! Fun :)

We put P in the stroller "big-girl style" for the first time last week as well (we have one that the carseat locks into, and then also converts for sitting up/looking out). I couldn't believe she was big enough for it either.

Billie Jo said...

Keep up the running. I promise it gets easier. And the all day effects help keep you motivated to eat decent. :)

financecupcake said...

Have you heard of Couch to 5k? Check it out: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Lauren McKnight said...

Yay for the last report of the summer. Big relief I know!

I did the couch to the 5k program and it really works.

background

counter