Thursday, June 25, 2009

tidbits

I haven't been in a blogging mood the last few days, sorry 'bout that.  But, here in the morning before the baby or the husband are awake and all is quiet - seems like a nice time to try on my typing fingers. 

So first, Abbykat news (is there anything else these days?)

Abigail is changing so much.  She's great.  I'm starting to feel like we have a relationship beyond the expected mother/baby bond.  Yesterday, we sat on the floor together and watched soccer with Kyle.  The whole time, she and I were just playing and she was so happy and chatty and just thrilled to have the undivided attention....and to be allowed to sit and watch bright colors on the tv of course.  I dunno, it was just fun.  She is always making me laugh.  She's making more and more new noises - and you can tell when she discovers a new one because she just makes it over and over and over and over.  Yesterday, she discovered this weird frog noise she could make with her throat while making a popping noise with her lips.  I can't describe it - but Kyle and I were both amused. 

On the eating front, we've started avocados (thanks pollsters!).  She seems to like them.  The only problem we have during dinner is that she gets pretty distracted by the things around her and has to be redirected a lot.  Last night, she managed to swipe a big spoonful of avocado from my hand that ended up on her tray.  She was Very interested in that and spent the next 10 mins or so finger painting everything she could reach green.  I'm in favor of learning experiences, so I took the little bit that she didn't finish and dumped it on the tray for her.  It didn't take long before everything was green.  


Mobility - Abby is not crawling yet, and I am in NO hurry for her to learn that skill.  :)  But, she has become a pro at spinning in circles while on her belly.  And recently, she's learned to scoot backwards.  Oh my, it can be so very entertaining to watch her try to move forward.  If you place something just out of her reach, she will reach for it, stare at it, wiggle her fingers at it (she think she knows spells), and then she will raise up her legs and arms so that she is balancing on her belly only and yell at it.  She keeps us entertained.  She is getting much better at sitting - and while I still can't let her sit on her own yet - her balance is much better and she doesn't use me for balance as much as she used to.  Standing is her new favorite thing in the world.  She would prefer, I believe, for her knees to be perpetually locked.  

Play - We got Abs this baby einstein jumper.  It took her a little while to figure it out, but now she loves it.  Everytime she manages to hit the William Tell Overture key - she goes nuts with the bouncing - its her favorite by far.  Well, her second favorite, her first favorite thing is the Tag on the jumper.  I didn't think she could even reach the cardboard tag that I never remembered to take off.  It took me two days to solve the mystery of why she would suddenly have a face and hands covered in what looked like blue glitter and paint chips (trust me, I was a little concerned)  I vacuumed everything, searched everywhere she'd been - couldn't find a thing.  Until I noticed yesterday that the tag had no more edges - was soaked and falling apart with baby slobber.  Ok, so no more tag.  But that brings me to another question - what is it with tags in general?  She loves loves loves them.  It doesn't matter what toy I give her, if it has a tag, that's all she wants to explore.  Maybe she'll grow up to be a famous designer, maybe she wants to know where everything is from.  I dunno.  But I can certainly see why all those taggie toys are so popular.  Babies love tags. At least mine does. 

Tomorrow, we leave for Florida.  I'm not sure what my internet options will be while I'm there, but I'm sure I'll be "around" I am excited about being done with school finally (Friday is our last day) and I am excited about the beach vacation.  I just can't wait to introduce Abby to all the new things that await her - and take pictures - LOTS of pictures.  :)  

And last, but certainly not least, a big GOOD LUCK to my buddy Billie Jo who is testing today at the ATA World Championships in Little Rock for her 4th degree black belt!  I know she's going to be AWESOME and I only wish I could be there (I don't think I've missed a World Championships since I started taekwondo)  We're all sending a lot of hugs, clapping, and cheering her way.  So Good Luck Billie Jo!  I miss you!

I cannot believe that it is now 7:30 am and both the baby and the husband are still sleeping.  Amazing. 

Have a great day, peoples. 

5 comments:

*Jen* said...

Fun, on the avocados & the playing -- and Florida! I'll be Abigail loves the ocean.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

Get a baby feeder! She'll love it, I'm sure.

G loves belly-spinning and scooting backwards too, it kills me.

Billie Jo said...

Hi you. Thanks for the well-wishes. I so wished you guys could've been there. Now I just have to wait and see. I have no idea if I passed or not... Mr Duer says if not, I can test at the big regional testing if I want (once you've tested at a national event you can re-attempt at a regional with appropriate ranks). We'll see. ;-) Thanks for the cheers and support. Have an amazing time in Florida. I want regular updates.

Billie Jo said...

by the way...my last blog post was titled "tidbits." Did you do that on purpose? ;-) I think I'm due for a Shachmut visit...

Anonymous said...

I cant believe how messy she got eating!!!! Wow. Brylee has not discovered that yet, I hope she doesnt!! Have fun on your trip

background

counter