Monday, June 29, 2009

Hello from Florida!

Well, I figured out how to connect to the wifi up here so I'm taking advantage of Kyle's computer to get a quick blog fix.

Unfortunately, uploading photos is painfully slow - so we'll see how many I get uploaded here...but I've already got many to share.

So, in a nutshell, we got here fine. Abs did great on the plane and only complained a few times due to her ears bothering her (I think) Kyle pointed out that we had a great flight to test her out on - the direct flight from Boston to Orlando is stocked full of families and kids. Abby was definitely the least of anybody's worries. :)

She's adjusted now to sleeping in her pack n play - with us in the room. That took some getting used to from everyone I think. I still wake at her every noise - and Kyle's every noise - and I spend most of the night playing referee. If Kyle makes too much noise, I have to nudge him before he wakes Abby. If Abby is awake, I have to make sure we don't make enough noise for her to know that we're in the room - because then she would surely demand attention. As long as she doesn't know we're there - we're good. It's getting better, but it's been a process. I don't think I could deal with her still sleeping in our room at home - my hats off to those of you who can still do that.

We're enjoying the warmth. Oh how I've missed the warmth. I don't care if my hair looks like something more becoming on Hagrid - I've even missed the humidity. That comforting wave of heat and moisture that hits you as you leave an air conditioned space - aah. I'm soaking it up.

We introduce Abs to carrots and peaches while we've been here. Carrots are all right - she eats them fine. But peaches - oh my goodness - she's like a ravenous peach monster. We bought a mesh bag that you can put fresh food in. I cut up a peach and put it inside and she devoured it. There was hardly anything left. She ate two peaches worth that way and I think she would have kept going. So, note to others - mesh feed bag thing = big hit.

Ok, so I've been online now for over half an hour and I haven't been able to upload 1 picture. (boo!) I'll have to share all of Abby's first water and beach experiences with you another time.

Till then - hope everyone is doing well. I'll write when I get the chance.

2 comments:

jennybee said...

You should have seen the look you got when I read Ben that bit about the humidity. Rofl.

Mmm. Mesh bag peaches sound tasty.

Anonymous said...

I'm in total agreement on the whole need heat and humidity to survive! I don't think I'd live through Boston if we went there!

The other Laura from C town

background

counter