Tuesday, June 2, 2009

sick

I'm sick.  ugh.

I went to work anyway, but when I started feeling worse, I had the nurse take my temp.  She sent me home.  So, now I'm home.

I was able to rest quite a bit.  Kyle gave me some tylenol before he had to leave, so the aches went away for a while.  I've got blue gatorade at my bedside (it cures all, y'know).  I'm hoping this blows over by tomorrow.  I really don't know what I'll do if I have to miss more school.  As it is, I'm writing reports in bed with a fever of 102....this may not be my best work.  But, what other choice do I have?  I'm running out of days to get things done. 

The funny thing about this morning is that I tried a yoga class for the first time last night.  I thought it was ok - about what I expected.  Not too hard, not too easy.  But when I woke up this morning, my first thought was "woah, yoga kicked my butt last night"  as I was sore all over and aching.  I was getting ready to leave when it dawned on my that I might actually just be sick and not sore.  It was funny to me anyway.  

Of course, my only real concern is keeping Abs from getting it (how to go about taking care of her but not being around her - I've not quite figured out)  I don't think taking care of a sick baby is on my top 10 list of things to do this week.  A lot of teachers have been out lately.  Mostly they are fine in a day or two, so I'm using positive thinking and telling myself I'll be back to normal tomorrow.  Work awaits. 

Anyway.  Just needed to take a break from writing - to come write.  I don't think I've been sick since I was a few weeks pregnant with Abs, so over a year.  I guess it was just a matter of time. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, I wish I could take care of you right now! You know getting better is a job. I love you so much! We will keep in touch.

Granny

background

counter