Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

This is a day late - but I wanted to say a bloggy Happy Birthday to my dad!  

This birthday was extra great because he got to spend it with us in Boston.  I think we had a pretty good day.  Dad got to sleep in and catch up on some much needed rest while Kyle and I were at work.  Of course, Abby insisted that we decorate with balloons and streamers the night before, so when he did wake up he was greeted with appropriate birthday decor.  

After work, we all went out for a nice seafood dinner.  Yum!  I think dad had been craving seafood since he visited Boston 2 years ago, so he was pleased to get to splurge on some fish from a coastal state.  Dad's on a diet right now that won't allow for birthday cake - but he got birthday oysters instead, and I think he may have enjoyed that even more. :)

I'm so happy to have both of my parents visiting us this week.  I know they've enjoyed soaking up Abby time while we work during the day.  Dad said his beard is somewhat thinner thanks to Abby's super human baby grip.  Abby, in turn, thinks mom and dad are the coolest thing since oatmeal.  She just grins at them all day and makes lots of cute noises for them.  

I'm at work right now, and unfortunately, don't have tons of time to write - but I wanted to take a moment to wish my dad a happy birthday and to let everyone know that he is the most amazing person ever and I love him so much!  Happy Birthday dad!

Here are a few pictures from dinner.

birthday boy

we tried to let Abs sip some water from a glass.  She thought the condensation was more interesting though. :)

happy parents!

"bottoms up, dad"

us

No comments:

background

counter