Tuesday, June 9, 2009

macro test

Yesterday, mom and I took the new camera for a test drive down macro lane.  

We took a gander around the reservoir and took lots of pictures of things.  Since I was testing out the macro functions, focusing and distancing - we took lots and lots of pictures of flowers and such.  I loved the camera and how it did everything I wanted it to do.  It was very intuitive to use and I'm very happy with both the zoom and the macro functions.  I had a great time taking pictures of everything under the sun.  Just trying things out.

picture taking aside - it was a really nice day and it was nice to get out and walk.  We walked for about an hour and enjoyed the scenery.  

So, here are a few shots from our nature walk.  I think they turned out all right, and so I'm still perfectly happy with the new camera.  For the record, we didn't edit the pictures at all, so the colors and textures and everything else are just how the camera captured things...fyi. 


I have no idea what these flowers are - but they were iiiitsy bitsy, and shaped like stars, so I had to like them!
gotta love daisies. 

I really like this one for absolutely no reason. 
pretty color, no?
This is the same kind of flower as the previous one, but it was dying.  I kind of thought it had that intentional distressed wood look to it, and I think I may like it even more than the full bloom one.  

next up - people!

2 comments:

Bobbi Sharp said...

Looks like you picked a winner!

jennybee said...

Those are lovely! Great way to spend an hour. Thanks to the pics, it's a nice hour you'll remember sharing with Mom always.

background

counter