Friday, April 22, 2011

Abby's antics

I could probably write 10 blogs about all the things Abby did just today to make me laugh, or sigh, or roll my eyes, or catch my breath.  But, it's probably best that I just pick the highlights.  

This afternoon, we came downstairs and played for a while.  I then decided to work on making some cake-pops (that blog to come later).  While I was in the kitchen, Abby was playing in the living room right in front of me.  I was paying enough attention to notice that she'd grabbed a few ziplock bags from the kitchen...but as she was playing so quietly and so contently, I decided to just let that go and take advantage of her being occupied for a while so that I could finish my project. 

As I came to a good stopping point, that little voice in my head chimed in that said "she's been pretty quiet for too long"  And I decided to walk over and see what she was doing.  

This child.  I know I've mentioned how organized she is.  How she likes things to be a certain way, in a certain order, and put where they are supposed to go.  She likes things clean and not messy.  Well, if there was any doubt in my mind that she really is just that way - it was erased today. 

Abs had taken not one or two, but ALL of the ziplock bags from our drawer and organized her toys into baggies.  She then took the bags and stacked them in rows on the couch.  I caught her adding a bag to her pile saying to herself "and now we put the bag on the carpet so they don't get dirty" (don't know why she was calling the couch, the carpet..)

My first reaction was "Oh, Abby."  and then I saw what she had done and I just could not help it - I laughed and laughed and laughed.  Then, of course, Abby laughed and we just sat there and giggled while I shook my head and tried to find the camera. 




Kyle got home shortly after all that.  Abby was so proud to show daddy what she had done.  She went back to playing while I re-hashed the events to Kyle.  When we were done talking, I heard Abby say "Mommy, I just paying for it, ok?"

Um.  huh?

So, I look to see that Abby has now found my wallet and taken out all my cards.  But, she didn't stop there.  She was sliding the cards, one by one, into my computer.  She was "paying for it"  Luckily, most of the cards got slid between the screen and the keyboard.  But, my grocery card had to be extracted, surgically.


After that, we decided we should probably be keeping a closer eye on the little monster.  We sat down and Kyle and I were trying to have a conversation, but we kept getting interrupted by Abby's little antics.  She would copy what I said or copy what Kyle did.  Eventually, we gave up on our adult conversation of research projects, statistics, and the finer points of IEPs and Education and just let Abby take over. 







How lucky I am to have these guys to distract me all day.

I seriously could give you 100 more examples of funny things she said today.  Things like this.

Abby, bringing me a closed container of jellybeans: "mommy I need jellybeans"
Me: "you can have two"
Abby: "five?"
Me: "you can have two"
Abby: "(sigh)....I weally need twenty"

Or this one, while we were at the grocery store today.
Abby: "Mommy, wanna see the monsters?"
Me: "Abby, they're called Lobsters, not monsters"
Abby: "lobsters"
Me: "Good job, Lobsters"
Abby: "Ok.  Wanna go see the monsters now?"

Just little tidbits like that.  They make me laugh and I just love watching how her brain works.

Ok, it's getting late.  I have more to post, but I'll save it for morning perhaps.  Kyle and I went on a date tonight!  The first date we've had with just the two of us since August...at least, we think it was August.  Maybe last summer?  Either way, WAY too long.  So, I'll write about that later too.  Oh, and cake pops. :)

Have a good night everyone.

1 comment:

*Jen* said...

I love this. "I weally need 20." --- hahaha

background

counter