Tuesday, April 5, 2011

odds n ends

I just have a few minutes before my next appointment and thought I'd jot down some random thoughts.

- My belly button sticks out.  This didn't happen with Abby, it just got flat.  But, this time?  You can see it through my shirt.  It's kinda weird.

- I ordered 20 boxes of Raisin Bran Crunch through Amazon last week and they were delivered yesterday. That cereal is so good.  I've had 4 bowls since yesterday afternoon.  And, I mean, I *know* it's got sugar in it and there are healthier cereals I'm sure - but it's not like I'm eating just the marshmallows out of the lucky charms (like I did when pregnant with Abs).  I mean, it's raisin bran - it could be worse, right?   It's my post-baby meal plan.  Some people spend days cooking and freezing actual meals to make life easier after baby comes.  Me?  No.  I'm just going to eat cereal 3 times (ok, who are we kidding, like 6 times) a day until I run out.  I don't know where I'm going to put the cereal yet. I'll find somewhere.  Maybe the nursery. ;)  It's so so yummy.

- I've had to leave for work before Abby gets up recently.  Kyle says he wakes up to her standing at the gate at the top of the stairs screaming "mooooommmmmmmyyyy????"  over and over.  Cue heartbreak.  This morning, I was still in our room when she got up.  My door was opened just an inch or two, but it was enough that she caught my eye through the crack.  And I saw her stop in her tracks - look to make sure it was me - and then she busted out a huge smile, ran into our room, and crashed into my legs- giving me the biggest toddler hug she could.  It was great.

- Yesterday at Target, I told Abby that we were going to go check out and pay for our things.  She looked in the basket and says "Oh NO! Oh no, oh no, oh no!"  I was confused as to what had her so upset.  When I asked her she looked at me, shrugged her shoulders with her hands up and said "Oh no! We forgot the grocery bags!"  And we had.  We always bring our own bags, and it made me kinda happy that she's growing up to expect this.  It's normal for her.  She thought the fact that we had to "share" bags with Target yesterday was just silly.  But, as we left, she said "Thank you Target for sharing your bags"  So funny.

- She's really upped her vocab recently.  Not just the vocab, but her language.  She speaks in full sentences most of the time.  This morning, she was sitting in the baby carrier watching old 1950's Mickey Cartoons on youtube and I saw that her chin was chattering.  I asked "Abby, are you cold?"  She said "No mommy, I'm not cold at all"  Things like that.  She restates the question a lot.

- In other silly Abby news.  For months, she'll randomly request that I sing "the cow song"  Well, I don't know what the cow song is.  I thought she meant Old McDonald - but she got upset when I would start it.  I thought maybe Hey Diddle Diddle - but that wasn't it either.  I've wracked my brain to think of any song that has a cow in it.  I usually ask her to sing it.  I tell her that I don't know the cow song and she has to teach it to me - but then she gets REALLY upset.  So.  The other night, she asks "Mommy, you wanna sing the cow song?"  I said ok and I sang the word cow over and over to the tune of twinkle twinkle.  She lit up.  She started giggling uncontrollably, cheering, and clapping.  Of course, then I had to sing "the cow song" about 24 more times.  Sometimes, you just have to pretend you know the answer and cross your fingers that it works out.

- Abby hugs this baby and kisses this baby and talks about this baby all the time.  I can't wait to see how she deals with the real thing.

- We're getting things ready now for baby's arrival.  It's slowly starting to make things more real.  The bottles are washed, the pack-n-play is set up next to my side of the bed.  The nursery is mostly done (still have to decide if/when we're going to move Abby's changing table into the nursery).  We've picked up a new pack of burp cloths and some onsies.  We have a starter box of diapers.  What else do you really need?

- This is my last week of work, technically.  If I'm still pregnant next week, I may stop in on my own time to help transition my sub more.  Today, I'm feeling a little guilty about taking so much time off before baby gets here.  I mean, I'm technically taking an extra 5 days, but still.  This time last week, I was pretty sure I could go into labor any second.  Today?  Today I feel like I could be pregnant for months more.  The only thing that is really bothering me lately is that this kid is positioned in such a way that part of him/her is ALWAYS pressing on the part of my belly right above my belly button.  To the point that it feels bruised - but from the inside.  It is really really distracting and I spend a lot of time pushing the baby around in an attempt to get it to move off that spot.  It's like Chinese water torture - just week after week of being poked in that ONE spot.  That's the only thing that's really making me uncomfortable at the moment.  Besides all the obvious things that go along with being preggo. ;)

- Ok.  Time's up.  I'll write more later and hopefully have a chance to upload some pics as well.  Have good Tuesdays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoy your blogs. What can I say "cow, cow, cow,...". Luv you.

Granny

background

counter