Friday, April 22, 2011

just thoughts

I don't think I'm gonna have a Good Friday baby after all.  Drats.

I mean, it's fine of course.  I just liked the numbers.  4/22/11.  Oh well. :)

I don't have any idea when this baby is going to come, but if it follows after Abby, it'll be 4 days late and born on Easter Sunday.  If I haven't had the baby by Monday, then I'll go see my doc again.  I assume she'll discuss induction options at that point.  If I'm still pregnant Monday, I'd just as soon stay pregnant until late Tuesday or wednesday when Kyle's sister gets in town.  Of course, if baby takes after me - I was 2 weeks late and my mother's second child.  So. There's that.

Either way.  There's no rush.  I feel absolutely no rush to get this baby out just yet.  I mean, if s/he wants to come today, great.  If it's a week from now - fine.  I have plenty to fill my days...which is different than how I felt with Abs.  With Abby, it was just me.  I didn't have anything to do and I was as bored as I was anxious.  Actually, more bored than anxious, for sure.  I baked and baked and sat around and twiddled my thumbs and sighed big sighs.  Now?  Now things are different.  I'm spending my past-due time doing things that need to get done as well as spending fun time with Abby.

I've had a great week, really.  Abs and I have had a lot of fun together and I think we've both enjoyed the time.  We've gone shopping, played and played and played, done crafts, ran errands, gone on walks, taken pictures, and of course the normal day to day cleaning and feedings and naps and routine-type stuff.  And I'm really thankful that we've had these days.  Baby #2 will be here any second, and Abby's hours as an only child are numbered - so I won't rush things.  Time goes so quickly anyway.

Next topic.

Boy or girl?  I don't know.  But, lately I've had new feelings about both options.  When this pregnancy started, I had a really hard time imagining a boy - because all I have is Abby.  I know girls.  I don't know boys.  And, to an extent, I still feel that way.  A boy would be a whole new creature.  Lately, I've been having a harder time imagining a girl.  Not a girl in general - but what a girl, who's not Abby, specifically would be like.  I mean, I really really like Abby.  I think she's pretty awesome.  I just can't imagine there being two of her - and of course there wouldn't be two of her, baby #2 would be her own new person...but I can't imagine what that would be like.  I don't know if I'm making sense.  So, lately,  imagining a baby boy has been easier because I can imagine anything I'd like, but when I try to imagine a baby girl - I can only think of Abby.  Anyway.  Point is - it doesn't matter what this baby is, but I'm excited to find out.

Moving on.

Names?  Several people have asked about them.  We have a few options for both genders.  I think this is the hardest part about not finding out if this baby is a boy or girl.  If you know what you're having, you can really commit to a name and discuss and fight and compromise and barter until you both reach a happy agreement.  But, when you don't know - I find that Kyle and I are less willing to really "put up a fight" so to speak for any given name.  For example, there are names I really like and there are names that Kyle really likes and they don't have a lot of crossover.  But, I don't really feel like pleading my case for the names I like and putting a ton of effort into that game just to find out, at the end of the day, that we're not going to use it at all.

Having said that, we do have some names ready and waiting, but we will probably wait until we meet this little one face to face before we commit to one forever.  And so, you'll just have to wait. :)

What else?

Kyle.  Kyle's doing well.  He's a very very busy daddy and is working so hard at both his job and at school.  Kyle's been crossing his fingers that baby will wait long enough to come to allow him some extra time to cross some important to-do's off his list.  I imagine that's exactly what baby is doing.  With Abs, my water broke an hour after Kyle submitted his final paper.  I imagine that this baby is just trying to give daddy some work time.  In which case, perhaps nothing will happen until after his class on Monday.  Send him good vibes - he's truly working very hard.

Ok.  I think that's enough for now.  I'm gonna try to catch a quick nap while Abs does.  We all know those days are numbered as well.

I'll update if anything exciting happens, promise.  Until then - may your Good Friday be good.

1 comment:

REA said...

On the surface, it's hard to wait,but I really feel peaceful about when baby will be born.

Granny

background

counter