Tuesday, April 19, 2011

seasons

I like to have babies during significant church seasons.

With Abby, I was pregnant for much of Advent - a time of waiting.  It was appropriate and I found myself making new connections with the season.  Mary rode on a donkey just as pregnant as I was?  Ouch.  I have a new appreciation for that part of the story, y'know?  We all waited during that season of waiting and then when Abby came, just a bit before Christmas, it was a perfect transition into a celebratory time with family.

With this new baby, we're leading up to Easter.  The last several weeks have taken place during Lent - a time of sacrifice.  I'm once again finding myself making connections between the season and pregnancy.  Of course pregnancy is a sacrifice - a physical one at least.  You're giving up your own body to host and grow a new little person.  It's amazing, if your really stop to think about it.

This baby will come soon - just in time for Easter - a time of new life, celebration, and fresh starts.  How appropriate, no?

I'm excited.  And (mostly) ready.  I'm technically due tomorrow, but we'll see.  I don't feel much different - but I didn't with Abby either.  I will have some doctor appointments and an ultrasound tomorrow just to make sure that baby is happy and healthy tucked away in there.  I would love a Good Friday baby - but I'm not foolish enough to think that my opinion matters.  Baby will come when s/he is ready.

Until then, I'll be here waddling around, getting things ready and contemplating the new season that awaits us as a family of four.

39.5 weeks

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Have you started walking around with your hands under your belly to hold Wesley up? ;) I did that at the end of both of my pregnancies - I felt like a WeebleWobble.

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

ohhh, that's cool! I remember someone's sig at BBC way back when said, "the Easter bunny brought me a good egg and now Santa's bringing me a baby!" and I always liked that. I like this even better:) And I can't WAIT to see mini-mut.

background

counter