Saturday, April 23, 2011

date night

Kyle and I think we went on a date in August.  We can't remember what it was, but we're pretty sure we did.  Before that?  We had a date over the summer while on vacation in Florida.  But, point is, we don't get out too often.  

Now, before you think I'm throwing a pity party - I'm not.  Even though we don't go out alone much, we spend time together every day.  It's usually just watching TV, maybe making brownies on the weekends, renting a movie - that kind of thing.  And sometimes? Sometimes a movie and a brownie is the perfect date.  I feel like Kyle and I spend a good amount of quality time together - it's just usually from the comfort of our own home.  And, there have also been several times when we've enjoyed a dinner out with friends or family and those times are great too.  It's just rare for the two of us to escape into the city past 7pm. :)

So, getting out, kid free, is a treat.  I decided yesterday that since mini-mut is still comfy cozy, I should take advantage of our last few hours/days of not having a newborn in tow.  So, I arranged for a babysitter and at 5pm yesterday, I told Kyle that we'd be going out at 8.  He was excited - although he didn't believe me.  He thought I was just joking and it took a little convincing that I was serious.  :)

Anyway, we kept things simple.  As it was Good Friday, we stuck with fish.  We went out to a seafood place we've never tried and enjoyed a nice dinner of beautifully presented fancy fish.  We spent a little more that we should have probably....but, it was the first date of the year, and It'll be a while before we get out again, so we felt justified.  

After dinner, we drove down to another part of town and tried Finale.  It's a dessert place.  We've never been, but a friend gave us a gift card last summer and we, obviously, hadn't found time to use it yet.  How fun to go sit down just for dessert.  You wanna know how you spot a couple who doesn't get out much?  They're the nerds taking pictures of their food. 

I had a yummy creme brulee and Kyle had this molten chocolate thing.  

After dessert, we walked around just a little bit before stopping at a starbucks for some coffee.  Espresso at 10:30 at night may not have been the best idea, but it was warm and delicious and Kyle and I just sat in the shop and talked and took our time.

Kyle wanted to take a picture of me being huge. 

So I made him pose too.  He was thrilled.  ;)

We came home, watched the highlights from the Celtics game and headed to bed.  It was a simple evening - just dinner, dessert, and coffee - but it was a nice treat and a little pampering for the two of us before this baby arrives.

...which, in theory, should happen sometime. I think.

4 comments:

REA said...

I loved this blog. I'm so happy for your date night!

Granny

Anonymous said...

So glad you grabbed this chance. Looks like plenty of fun. We promise you more of these in the summer!!

Love you....as we wait for mini-mut#2

Ouma

Bobbi Sharp said...

Melts my heart! *wipes tear from eye*

*Jen* said...

So glad you two got out.

background

counter