Sunday, April 10, 2011

Saturday

Yesterday was the first day that the temperature reached the 60s this year.  There was not a soul inside.  

We spent the morning looking for new shoes for Abs.  She's worn NOTHING but her Uggs since she got them in early fall, but with spring around the corner and her feet still growing, she's in desperate need of some tennis shoes.  We didn't find anything yesterday, but we still had a nice time out shopping together.  We all came home for lunch and put Abs down for nap.  

Nap tangent: During the week, when Abby's nanny puts her down for nap, there is no problem.  But, when I'm the one who puts her down - Abby doesn't want to stay put.  She knows I'm home and is SURE I'm having a delightful time doing lots of fun things while she sleeps and just doesn't want to miss any of it.  I'm hoping that she'll get acclimated to me putting her down for nap sooner rather than later.  It's a little tiring telling her to "get back in bed" 4 or 5 times every afternoon.  

After Abby's nap, we headed out.  Kyle went on a run and took Abs in the jogger for the first time since early fall.  She loves going on runs with daddy.  While they were running around, I walked to the park, snapped some pictures, and just enjoyed the sunshine.  We all met up a bit later and let Abs play on the playground.  It was crowded, of course, but Abby was just so happy.  I really love it when Kyle gets to come to the park with us - there's something about having us all there together that just makes me happy. And Abby spends most of her time saying "Look daddy! Look Look!" as she wants him to see everything she does.  

Here are a few shots from the park. 

"higher daddy!"


I mean, so sweet, no?


 This is Abby playing one of her favorite games of putting her hands on my belly and saying "Gotcha Baby!"


Abby climbed this little rock slide by herself for the first time.  She was so so so proud of herself and did it over and over - probably 15 times in a row.  Each time she got to the top, she would grin, clap for herself, and look to see if daddy saw it too.


swingin'


After a while at the park, we all went and got pizza.  That was nice too.  We got home and put Abs to bed and settled in for a little TV (and maybe a little ice cream) before it got late enough for me to head to bed too.

When I went upstairs, I saw that Abby's door was open.  I decided to go ahead and make sure that she had made it back to her bed, as she'd obviously gotten up without us knowing it at some point.  When I flipped on a light, I found her - sound asleep- by her reading chair at the top of the stairs.  I picked her little rag-doll body up and tucked her back into bed and she never woke up.  It was funny and sweet all at once.

No comments:

background

counter