Wednesday, September 16, 2009

decisions

I'm not a fan of them. Apartment hunting requires them.

Let me try to organize my thoughts.

Here are the problems:
1. We need more space
2. I want a dining room - or at least space for a real table
3. Kyle (and I) need office space...one that does not share with the nursery.

Here are the requirements:
1. It has to be on the T so Kyle can access the city
2. It needs a dishwasher and laundry (these are not always included, weird, huh?)
3. It needs to be safe and clean

Here are the options:
1. Rent one of the absolutely fabulous places that we found that is over our budget and hope things magically work out. (not smart but happy)
2. Rent a place we don't like but can afford (booo)
3. stay where we are and deal with the before mentioned problems. (smart but sad)
4. Keep looking in hopes a better compromise comes along (unlikely, but you never know)

Of course, there are 50 caveats and what ifs and maybes for each one of those things. We have to move fast, if we decide on a place, we'd be trying to move within a week or so. ugh, no fun. But, that's where I am today. Trying to make good decisions.

5 comments:

Wordweaver said...

Cautious and happy is better than hasty and regretful. I know you will make the best decision you can when you have all the facts in. Love you!

Brandy@YDK said...

good luck with the hunting. we are going through the same decisions. And it's SOOOOOO hard.

Anonymous said...

I think you are going to find the right place if you hold out a little. I would really like it, if it was buy, not rent.

Love you,

Granny

Raine said...

so hard to find a good place around here with all of your/mine requirements. Thats why I have stayed in my crappy apartment so long and am not gonna move :D

Anonymous said...

Not looking to buy anymore?

background

counter