Monday, September 7, 2009

into everything

Abby is into everything these days. Its delightfully baby-ish of her.

Everyday I have to re-stack the DVDs. Everyday, I have to keep her from crawling into the kitchens and bathrooms (I don't trust my floors that much). Everyday, I set up a make shift playpen and everyday she finds a way through it.

Everyday she finds the one piece of thread or paper that the vacuum missed. Everyday she puts something in her mouth that she shouldn't....and she cries, everyday, when I take it away from her. She would rather play with my flip flops than her toys.

She isn't officially crawling yet. She scoots around on her belly, stops, raises up into crawling position and rocks back and forth - and then goes back down on her belly to keep moving. I've learned that belly scooting can be fairly efficient. She's quick.

She pulls up on things - but only to her knees. I think she's pulled up all the way to her feet maybe once. But, if you stand her on her feet - she can balance on something for...as long as she feels like standing there. I don't think it'll be long before she's crawling and standing on her own.

And, just for the record, I love every second of chasing her around. Who knows, I'll probably change my mind when she's 2 - but for now, its a lot of fun watching her explore things.

Here are some shots we snapped yesterday morning of Abs playing with her new toy. We started using all the footy pajamas we had when we stopped swaddling her at night. For some reason, all the ones we have are really big. The one she's wearing in these pictures is 0-3 month size. Crazy. Enjoy the pics.

roller coaster beads = fun
Photobucket

figuring it out
Photobucket

smile!
Photobucket

exploring - I love that little pointer finger
Photobucket

so close
Photobucket

she was waving at me - this made me laugh.
Photobucket

hey mom - wanna watch Hook? How 'bout Apollo 13?
Photobucket


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I miss you guys!

~Leah

hannah said...

the flip flops! yes!!! pratt must have called her and told her that they're fun. he loves mine! and i just think of all the dirty things i've stepped on all day long. ugh.

and that picture of her waving at you is too cute! and the one of her leaning over with the dvds...adorable! she is so precious, laura!

background

counter