Friday, September 18, 2009

good things come to those who wait

Today after work, Kyle and I went to take a look at one of the apartment options. I saw the place on Wednesday and thought it was fine...there was nothing wrong with it and the rent was cheaper - but it wasn't really exciting either.

So we went to have a look and the real estate lady said she had two other places to show us.

So we drive to meet her at the second location - and it is a few streets away from our ideal local. Y'know that expensive condo I was lusting after? It's about a 4 min walk from that place. So, we know we like the area. The apartment...ah, the apartment...it exceeded any expectations I had. It has all been redone on the inside, so it looks new. It has carpet, and central air, and is HUGE. I never thought we'd find a place that had more room than we knew what to do with. This place has a ginormous living room and open kitchen, a seperate dining room, and a big office PLUS three big bedrooms upstairs. We get two full baths, and a deck. And...the best part? A laundry room! You have no idea...

It has a fenced back yard - picket fence and all that over looks some of the neighborhood. The yard even had a little kid play house ready to go. There's a front porch - with rocking chair and its a quiet street. It is a five minute walk to the train as well as tons of restaurants and shops, banks, and post office. Oh, and there's a great park for kids too.

And, get this. The rent is lower than what we're paying now. Not by a lot - but still. I'm excited.

Oh, but wait, there's more - the people living below us? Professional classical musicians. I heard her practicing - clarinet I think. Seriously? Its too perfect.

We filled out all the paperwork - I have to have a few things faxed in and as soon as the paperwork clears, we'll sign a year lease this week and hopefully move next weekend. I've got to get a-packin'.

yay yay yay yay!

so, what's the downside? I will be losing my covered parking, so I'll have to shovel my car (although the landlord shovels the driveway, porch, and deck!) and the utilities will be higher. Heat may be an issue as we're not used to paying for gas heat - and the utility company quoted us a pretty high price) So - we'll just pull out blankets. :) Those are the only downsides I can think of. Unless you want to count *having* to buy some new things - like a dining room table. :) I'm not counting that as a downside though.

Thanks for all the good thoughts people - they paid off!

6 comments:

*Jen* said...

Laura, this is awesome! Thrilled for you.

Anonymous said...

It looks like my prayers have been answered. I'm so happy for you. It sounds like a home.

Love,

Granny

Heather said...

Yay! I knew the perfect place would come along. One that didn't need a pro/con list. You just KNEW! :D

Billie Jo said...

so so so excited...now maybe we will have to look at airfare for your direction for thanksgiving....

Kristi said...

Yay! Sounds sooo exciting!!

Meg said...

I am so happy for the three of you!

background

counter