Tuesday, September 1, 2009

summertime

We had a great day today. We spent most of it in Plymouth, but I'll blog about that later. After we got back, I dropped off the others and Abby and I went to a new farmer's market I've been wanting to try.

Perfect. The only word is perfect. The day was beyond gorgeous. The farmer's market was more than I expected. I had Such a good time looking at all the foods and goods and planning in my head. There were lots of people - far more than I expected considering there was only an hour left before the market closed.

So, we wandered around and enjoyed the perfect weather. There was a homemade ice cream place that had kids lined up. There were children everywhere - walking around with melting ice cream cones and vanilla or strawberry on their faces. There were kids sampling fresh plumbs or raspberries, running around chasing puppies. It was almost too picturesque. I didn't have much money, so I bought a few things but then decided I wasn't ready to leave. With my last dollar, I bought a white peach that Abby and I enjoyed together.

We just sat on a bench and I let her eat it. I took pictures (of course). The sun was on its way down and...did I mention the weather was perfect? Beyond perfect. We just sat there enjoying the park, watching the other kids roll down a hill, play tag, and laugh. Just perfect.

Here are our pictures.
perfect peach
Photobucket

such a big girl!
Photobucket

sucking the juices :)
Photobucket

baby bird
Photobucket

figuring it out
Photobucket

barefoot is best
Photobucket

juicy!
Photobucket

flashing those baby blues
Photobucket


4 comments:

jennybee said...

That was a dollar well spent. Perfect days are so rare and lovely. Glad you got a bit of it photographed (the cutest, Abbiest bit).

financecupcake said...

Laura!!! Those are the cutest, sweetest pictures!

Crabby Apple Seed: said...

omg, don't you LOVE when they hold big pieces of fruit like that? Like they're big people! Great pictures, as usual.

Anonymous said...

Laura, I love your blogs. Somehow in Arkansas, I've had a perfect day in Plymouth, too. Also that peach was delicious!

background

counter