Monday, April 20, 2009

Day 1

Today was the first day of this 42-day challenge that Kyle and I are doing together (although Kyle is doing it with me and not as part of the whole group of people who have joined in)  

I'm feeling pretty motivated.  My goal is to lose 10 lbs by June 2nd.  I have lots of things in place to help keep me accountable and on track and at the moment - I feel good.  I feel optimistic.  I know this feeling will fade, which is why I have so many tricks and rewards set up for myself.  Its really nice that this is my spring break week - it gives me a little extra time to get into good habits that will be harder to maintain once I start working again. 

As stated in my previous post - today was a good first day for this challenge because I got to watch thousands of people run the marathon - which is pretty inspiring in itself.  

I had my usual oatmeal for breakfast, we made a big yummy salad and a sandwhich for lunch and for dinner - baked fish, brown rice, and asparagus.  Mmmm. Good stuff.  Kyle and I walked around for a while this afternoon, but I also made it to the gym to try a new class tonight.  It was called 20/20/20.  Its 20 mins of cardio, 20 mins of cardio + weights, and then 20 mins of muscle toning.  There were hard parts, and then there were harder parts, but I'm glad I went and enjoyed the class (once it was over of course).

My favorite salad: spinach, tomatoes, grapes, sunflower seeds, chicken.  No dressing needed, but a little raspberry vinaigrette goes a long way. :)
Photobucket

I have a little box that I've added to the top right of the blog - that will keep track of my weekly progress.  Right now I am at +10 and I hope to be at 0 by June 2nd.  Its just one more thing to keep me accountable.  And just to be clear - since many of you are worried. I'm NOT dieting.  I am not skipping meals or trying to only take in 800 calories a day.  I'm just eating Healthier.  I'm not eating candy and I'm only drinking water - no cokes.  Oh, and I'm exercising 3-4 times a week.  If anything, I'm probably eating more than I used to - it's just instead of having brownies, I'm having chopped red peppers or some cheese and crackers. And Kyle's doing it with me - which is really nice. 

I won't talk about the challenge in every post, but I wanted to document day 1 here and explain the new little countdown box.  I'm excited to build a healthier me.

5 comments:

hannah said...

you're so computer savy. i'm so jealous...

i'm talking about the little ticker in the corner! i love it!

Wordweaver said...

I like your idea of thinking through the reinforcments you will need in advance of needing them. And I'm proud of you and of Kyle for doing it together.

I still wonder where you are geting the fats and carbs to help make breast milk. Or has that taken a back seat to getting back in shape?

Let's see...will you be done with your plan by June 7th? (;>)###

Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's time to supplement Abby's milk with some higher-fat content formula. I want both of you to thrive.

Love,
Granny Mama

Anonymous said...

I need to come to your house for meals!! Yall are doing it right! Good job

Anonymous said...

Call me please.

Granny

background

counter