Wednesday, April 29, 2009

ugh

My stomach was upset today.  I don't know why.  I think maybe I had too much salad at lunch (is that even possible?).  More accurately, I probably had too many walnuts or feta on my salad.  It was really good at the time though.

Regardless of the reason, I didn't feel 100%  On top of that, I stayed up late last night and got up early this morning and I was dragging.  I, apparently, really am too old to stay up late anymore.  

I go to work, do my thing, get home, and entertain the baby for a while.  I really really just want to take a nap, but instead I put on a happy face and played airplane and tickle and helped Abs practice sitting and standing etc.  Eventually Abby went down for a nap and Kyle got home.  I fell asleep for about 15 mins - which was nice, but not enough.  Abby was awake again.  I tried to feed her, but she would have none of it.  

I guess she just wasn't hungry.  As soon as we stopped trying to feed her, she was much happier, and remained a happy baby for the next 45 mins until it was time for her bedtime bottle.  So let me recap:

I'm tired.  My stomach hurts.  I just listened to a screaming baby for 30 mins.  I had a salad for lunch.  ....And then.... Then,  I remember that I need to go to the gym.  *head falls, insert annoyed groans here*

Have you ever really really really REALLY not wanted to do something?  

I got myself up, I managed to change into my gym clothes.  I put on my shoes, got my purse, and forced myself to the car where I made myself drive to the gym to try my first spinning class.  The guy who works the desk downstairs even asked me if I was all right on the way out. Sigh. 

The class was great - for, oh, about the first 90 seconds.  Then it got hard.  And it remained hard for nearly an hour.  I'm not sure it's my thing - it was a little painful.  BUT, I did it, I didn't walk out, I finished.  Then I came home.

I was hoping I would feel good about making myself go work out - that I would look back and think "see? you feel better now" But, really, I'm just even more tired and tomorrow I won't be able to walk .  I mean, I'm glad I went because now I don't have to feel guilty about not going - but my body is tired today and needs some rest. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BIG HUG! ("Too old to stay up late anymore"????? Posh! But old enough to know your limits? Probably. Get some rest, drink some water, and milk, and remember to breathe.

You'll get through it!

Love,
Dad

Mom sends her love and comfort too!

Anonymous said...

I have felt that before. Good for you girl, going anyways....that is self control! I love it! But ya, take a day off, rest, and let your body get back to normal! Still proud of ya!

April S. said...

I was right there with you yesterday!! I did not want to go to the gym, but did anyway. Not sure I felt better about going either, but my body will appreciate it soon enough (or I keep telling myself that anyway).

Keep up the great work and I hope you get to feeling better!

background

counter