Wednesday, April 1, 2009

starting cereal

Abby is a little peanut and we found out today that she is a little below where her weight should be.  Long story short -the doctor gave us the got-ahead to start her on cereal.  Usually you wait until 4 months, but she's only a few weeks off - so we got the green light. 

I know most people start with rice cereal or cheerios, but 
we didn't have any on hand.  We decided to mash up some bran goodness for Abby to try as her first go at solids.  I'm not sure she knew what to think about it!

"mom, this bowl is bigger than my head!"
"Hmm, what's in there?"

"Woah, that's not milk"
and for dessert - a brownie!

yes. yes.

April Fools. 


9 comments:

Mom of 2 boys said...

OMG I love it!!! And the last picture is great!

Heather said...

LOL cute!!

Bobbi Sharp said...

Too freakin adorable! You had me going. That last pic is priceless!

Anonymous said...

Girl, we are starting cereal tomorrow I think! Its funny how we are doing everything so close together. I have been out of town, and I am just catching up on blogs. I read the CIO entry and could not agree more.

We are starting to do that too. The paci thing....that is exactly what she started doing. We put it back in, she goes to sleep. No more of that!!!

It is hard to let them cry, but...I want to teach her the right way now and not set myself up for issues later. Anyway, we will see how it goes. Maybe in the next two weeks I will do a blog entry called "She slept through the night!" LOL

Cari said...

Very cute post!!

Wasn't it April Fool's Day last year that you found out you were pregnant?? Seems like I remember something about that on facebook b/c I thought it was an April Fool's joke!

Ha!

Billie Jo said...

Abby, you have a silly mommy!

I laughed out loud when I read this because the way I had it pulled up, the text about starting cereal showed up and the line about "mom this bowl is bigger than my head" but I had to scroll down to see the picture and I just busted out in laughter (which I don't do too often). ;-)
Thanks for making my day fun!

Anonymous said...

I had stopped thinking about April Fool's day being fun,'til this.

Anonymous said...

This annonymous is granny.

Ben and Bethany said...

hilarious.

background

counter