Tuesday, April 28, 2009

spring sprung

Before our April vacation, the trees in front of the high school were still bare from winter. When I got back, the front lawn of the school was in full bloom.  The weather has been very warm.  Today we almost reached 90!  Tomorrow, however, the high is back to 60 - which is more typical of this time of year. 


Spring is a great season.  Everybody is so thirsty for the warmer weather, the flowers, and the sunshine.  You feel better just being outside.  At least I do.  

Of course, with spring at the high school, we also gets to experience the joys of sending dozens and dozens of young women home for to change into something more appropriate for school.  ;)

Oh, and I get spring fever - in that I want to just stay home and play outside all day.  Work gets much harder when the weather is nice. Y'know?  Especially when your high school doesn't have any air conditioning - and your office has no windows.  Yeah, you just want to get out and go make daisy chains. 

In other news: I went to mass with Kyle today and they had a nice ceremony for sending off all of the soon-to-be graduates.  After the service, they had a nice lunch of sandwiches and such.  For the record - I passed up lemon bars, brownies, and chocolate chip blondie bars.  And they were big, and they looked good.  It was hard - but I did it...and it needed to be chronicled.  This is about day 9 of no sweets, fried foods, or soda. 

I have two psych reports to write tonight for meetings I have tomorrow.  It's the first time I've had to write at home all year. Sigh.  Oh, that reminds me - I had the meeting for the kid I wrote about in the previous post.  He is no longer in SPED, and I got no real answers about his history.  He'll be repeating his senior year next year since he basically has no credits.  Hopefully being in more challenging classes will spur him to action - we'll see. 

In more news: Abby weighed in today at 10.8 - so she's gained about half a pound since our last visit.  We'll go back in a week for another weigh in. 

I don't have much else to report - and I have to go get started on these reports (....or watch idol) so, I'll catch ya later. :)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I wonder how many of us live in this up north ish area .. m/b we could all meet up?

Anonymous said...

It sounds good about Abby's weight gain.
I was intersted in the 'falling through the cracks' kid' update. I'm wishing better for him, of course.

Granny

background

counter