Monday, April 13, 2009

Peeps!

I'm going to have to credit my friend Kelly for starting this.  She showed me a book that had tons of peep recipes in it.  It got my project-wheel a-turnin' and the next thing you know, Kyra, Kelly and I are buying all of the peeps left at Target.  I'm not sure we had a real plan when we started (besides the peep bikini that Kelly wanted to try to make) But we had a lot of fun in the process. 

Here are some of my peep dippers and peep-cicles (frozen) - think what you will about the completely  unnatural florescent sugar coated marshmallows - but anything dipped in chocolate and peanuts or pretzels is good in my book. 



Here's a view of the whole batch of..um...shall we say, "creative" peepcicles.  Fun to make, let me tell you.  And yes, that first one is covered in fruity pebbles - don't judge - they were good.  The second one was made for Kyle - as you can see, it has one eye.  Don't worry - Kyle thought it was pretty funny too. 
A peep sunflower cake.  Well, it's actually boston cream pie, but you get the idea.


Here is our peep decorated vase - which was going to hold flowers, but ended up holding more peeps...go figure. 


I really do think Kyra summed it up best when she said "Yes, this happened"


Kyle was crowned King of the Peeps.  You cannot say that the boy isn't a good sport! He even put on a "robe" and posed with his peep subjects.  I'm a lucky girl. 




4 comments:

Bobbi Sharp said...

Too cute & funny!

hannah said...

how chubby am i if i tell you that every single picture looks eatable to me...and even appetizing.

even...the crown kyle is wearing.

i'm going to go run or something...

Yvonne A said...

Kudos to Kyle for the displaying the good husband gene! You should be so proud.

Ben and Bethany said...

oh my gosh.

background

counter