Sunday, April 19, 2009

watch me learn!

Y'know, just over 4 short months ago, Abby had never had air before - never seen a face or felt somebody hold her.  I am constantly amazed by how much she is learning now days.  It's so much fun to watch her learn.  I'll just go ahead and warn you now - I've got lots of pictures. 

On Friday we had a beautiful day.  It didn't quite hit 70, but we got into the upper 60s.  Boston hadn't been that warm in over 160 days which is shorter than usual (and we still haven't reached 70)  It was great.  Even the trees seem about ready to venture out their blooms.  We decided to go out and enjoy the day.  Kyle kicked the soccer ball around with a friend while we let Abby experience many firsts (winter in Boston isn't the best time for a baby to be outside)

It was really windy - and Abby, having not been outside much, rarely gets to experience wind - especially a strong one.  This is her face when the first big gust hit her.
"omg mom, what. was. that?"
Photobucket

It took her a few moments to figure out that nothing bad was happening - and then every time a big gust would come she would close her eyes and grin.  A few times she tried to kinda bite the air - it was pretty funny. 

"Ok, I decided I like it"
Photobucket

dad playing soccer - he doesn't always color coordinate to match the ball. Promise.
Photobucket

The other big first for this day was grass!  Abby has never been on grass before.  She wasn't sure what to think at first, but it didn't take her long to like it. :)

"Hmm, what do we have here..."
Photobucket

"woah, mom, have you checked this stuff out?"
Photobucket
Photobucket

So that was fun - I look forward to her being outside much more often. 
Here's a picture of her playing with her new fun dome - you can just see her learning can't you?

Photobucket

Today Kyle and I went out for Sunday burritos.  Something we've only done once since Abs was born.  It was sooooo good.  We brought a bottle to feed Abby and so Kyle put it on the table while he took Abs out of the carrier... 

It was so funny.  Abby looked over and saw the bottle, her eyes got big - like you could see her pupils dilate and focus on her liquid lunch.  She reached out and grabbed the top of the bottle and pulled it to her mouth.  Then she took both hands and held the bottle.  She fed the whole thing to herself!

Kyle and I were just dying.  We were laughing so hard.  We were quite amused.  Who knows if she "meant" to do that or not - but either way, it was funny.  At least to us it was. :)

Photobucket

"I got this, yo"
Photobucket

One last picture I took today.  During mass this morning (have I mentioned how much we love our new church?) I kept giving Abby her toys and exchanging them to keep her occupied.  As I switched one out, I would stick another in my purse.  At the end of the service, I looked down at my purse and just thought "wow, I'm a mom now"

Photobucket

5 comments:

Meg said...

Edie started to hold her bottle by herself this past week while we were in Los Angeles! It is sooooo cute. I love the pictures of Abs. Enjoy your Spring Break. I go back to work tomorrow...boooooooo!

Heather said...

I love her! All the pics are fabulous!

Ben and Bethany said...

such a great post and great pictures :)

Billie Jo said...

I agree. You are an amazing mommy and take such great pictures. Makes me miss you guys even more.

Anonymous said...

Cute cute pictures of Miss Abby! Good luck tomorrow, thinking of you!! Love, tanna

background

counter