Wednesday, October 8, 2008

7 things

This idea of e-tag is a little new to me.  I'm told that if you're tagged, you write 7 things about yourself that nobody else knows....or at least that not many people know.  My friend Bethany (check her blog on the right) tagged me today.  So, let's see...

1)  I want an entire thanksgiving meal right now.  I want dressing and gravy and dad's sauteed mushrooms.  Robert's cheese grits, Anne's vinegar beans, Y's pies, Jennifer's little pecan squares, grandma bread...I want it all.  now.  Ok, so that's not so much an interesting fact - but I had to get that before I could concentrate on anything else.  

2) My sister and I have the same little birthmark inside our middle toe.  I forget what foot...I'd have to look.  I also have a huge birthmark across my hip that Kyle says looks like Africa. 

3) When I was about 5, I used to catch house flies and pull off their wings and call them "walks" To this day, it is one of my biggest regrets.  I don't think I'll ever forgive myself. 

4) About 3 weeks after we started dating, Kyle and I were driving back from a taekwondo tournament in Memphis.  We got stuck in a bad traffic jam and spent the time asking each other questions back and forth.  During a lull in the conversation, I looked over at him and thought to myself "He's the one I'm going to marry"  I just started giggling.  Of course, I couldn't tell Kyle what I was thinking at that point - he probably would have jumped out of the car and hitchhiked home.  But, that's when I knew.  Clear as crystal. 

5) I was prom queen.  Go figure.

6) The first time I sent an e'mail, I accidently sent it to several thousand people around the world (I forget the actual number, but it was a lot) I somehow sent it out to mailing list that my dad was on.  The e'mail started out "I am Laura the conqueror, I have conquered the art of e'mail..."  I got a reply from some guy in Hawaii saying "Dear Laura the conqueror, your e'mail was sent to 35,000 people"  or something like that.  From then on, Laura the conqueror has been one of my family nicknames.  I still have a viking hat they bought me somewhere.  

7) I am amazed by life.  I try not to take the one I've got for granted - because despite the everyday stressors, I have a really great set up.  Little things make me happy, and it doesn't take much.  I think I can find beauty in just about anything.  I can watch a few leaves being blown across the road, or a bird hopping around, the bus driver on the T, or watching the street lights come on at dusk...anything, and I can find a way to feel connected to that thing.  Alive or not.  It keeps up my appreciation for the connectivity of life. 

So, there ya go.  I don't know if I know enough other people to tag.  But, for now, I'll tag: 

Kelly Dement
Shelby Scarborough 
Jessica Rodgers
Heather Busch
Jennifer Boulden  (I know, no blog...but you could start one!)
Kaylee Edwards

PS: If I know you, and you have a blog - tell me!  :-)


2 comments:

hannah said...

when you looked over at kyle and just knew...

that's when i started crying. you just wait. you'll experience this. i cry at anything. anything, i tell you.

also, i love that you were prom queen. why did i not know that?

jennybee said...

I'd actually forgotten the story behind Laura the Conqueror. It made me laugh and laugh to remember. I still can recall your shocked, embarrassed face when you got that e-mail back. I'm all giggly now.

:-)

background

counter