Wednesday, October 15, 2008

chocolate

blog while the bloggin's good, right?

I meant to capture this moment in writing earlier, but I forgot.  

Last night after childbirth class, we were driving home and I mentioned that I'd had a bit of a sweet tooth all day and could really go for something chocolate.  Kyle suggested that we stop at the corner store on the way home and he'd run in and get me something.  

I kinda went back and forth thinking that while that sounded good - I didn't really NEED anything, and it would be healthier to just drive home etc etc...  However, Kyle convinced me that it was fine to get a treat every here and there and besides, we were going home to watch the Apple keynote presentation on their new laptops (see justification blog from a while back).

Kyle asks what I want, and I said, "I dunno, maybe some M&Ms?"  

He goes in the store, and a bit later comes back out.  He has a bag.  In the bag is: one package of M&Ms, a Hershey bar, a whole package of double stuffed oreos, a bottle of chocolate syrup (in case I wanted chocolate milk), and a cherry coke (because he knows they're my favorite).  

It was like winning at the slot machine.  

Don't worry - I didn't have all that last night.  We shared some cookies, and they were marvelous.  Just thought I'd positively reinforce this behavior with a public note.  


2 comments:

Ben and Bethany said...

girl you better be glad you passed your glucose screening! What a sweet husband you have - such a blessing!

I'm ready to see that baby!

hannah said...

i hope you made out with kyle for those treats.

seriously. if you didn't, go makeout right now.

background

counter