Monday, October 20, 2008

quick hello

Just a quick hello because I feel guilty for not writing in several days.  I have a pretty good excuse though - we've been moving into our new apartment this past weekend.  

We have some amazing friends that help us get the job done on Sunday.  We started moving late Saturday night (Kyle and I got the kitchen moved...and most our clothes).  By Sunday evening, we have everything set up and unpacked.  Once we get a few more knick knacks put into place, and the wall things hung, it will be time to focus our attention on this whole nursery thing - which is exciting.  

Kyle has mentioned several times how he's getting excited now...about the baby.  Not that he hasn't been excited all along, but, as he puts it "putting the nursery together is the first tangible thing I've been able to contribute"  He says that the idea of building the crib and setting up the stroller are things that make little Abigail's arrival really real.  It's cute to see him so happy about it all....and a nice change from my usual mumbles and groans.  

I spend most of my time feeling like I've been pregnant for a really.  long.  time.  And, I think that early December seems farther away than ever before.  BUT - for all the aches, pings, nerve pinches, and pains that I gripe about...I'm actually doing quite well.  I sleep through the night,  I don't make a zillion bathroom runs during the day, I'm still able to fit into the car.  Y'know - things are ok.  

Anyway, I'm going to set up my closet now.  My whole side of the closet collapsed the other night (too many clothes??...no, just old brackets)  So, it's been fixed and I can now amuse myself by color coordinating what's left of my wearable clothes.  

pictures of the new place will be up soon.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bryan was really excited about putting things together too... until the millionth item ;)

Having a nursery is great, I bet once it's all up you'll spend hours in there just staring at baby stuff! That's what I do *lol*

Anonymous said...

Putting three nurserys together was sure happy times for roger and me.

Love,

linda

background

counter