Wednesday, October 29, 2008

hiccups

Some babies apparently never get hiccups before they're born.  Others do.  I think Abigail may be trying to set some sort of record.

She has them all. the. time. 

Last night as I settled into bed, she started again.  I decided to just count them as a way of lulling myself to sleep...like counting sheep.  Somewhere after 300 I gave up and just started poking my belly.  

My dad said to play music for her, and that does seem to help sometimes.  The problem is - when the music stops, she starts up again.  

Then again, maybe they aren't hiccups at all.  Maybe she's redecorating in there, or drawing, or laughing, or dancing the robot.  I dunno.  But, if fetal hiccups are any indication of healthy lungs - I suspect we have quite the crier on our hands.

can't wait. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a love/hate relationship with hiccups. Penelope has them all the time too - and it's hard to get to sleep when she has them. But they're also pretty fun to watch!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer set the record for hiccups in our family. She kept it up after birth and I cried, ''How am I ever going to raise a child, if I can't get her to stop hiccuping." Laura whatever you feel about the hiccups, I do understand. By the way, worse case senanario is maybe jennifer has found her hiccup match.

Love,

Granny

background

counter