Thursday, October 23, 2008

old.

Yesterday, Kyle turned in a paper that had been the source of some stress over the past weeks.  He stayed up the whole night before working on it - in true Kyle fashion.  He frantically pulled all the pieces together and had the paper ready to print about 7 mins before his class.  He then had a full day of work and class on top of that...  he was a tired puppy.  

So, me being the superwife that I am, decided that I would make a nice dinner for him to celebrate the paper's completion.  I knew that when he got home, he was going to crash right away if dinner wasn't ready.  So, at 5:30 or so, we sat down to a nice dinner of lasagna, salad, and fake wine etc...  We had candles and everything.

By 7pm, Kyle was tucked away in bed.  By 8pm, I was passed out on the couch.  12 hours later, Kyle was still sleeping away (y'know that little device in most of us that wakes us up when our body has had enough sleep - yeah, Kyle doesn't have one).  I woke up feeling rested, but sore.  My hips were all out of line from sleeping on one side all night.  ouch.  

Anyway, my question is: When did I turn this old?  Dinner at 5? In bed by 7? Aching hips?  I'm only 25.  (sigh)  

...now, where did I put my vitamins?  

1 comment:

Ben and Bethany said...

oh sister - it has nothing to do with being old. It's called preparing for parenthood. We are so hungry by 530 because we eat with jackson...wouldn't trade it for the world. better for your digestion anyway ;)

background

counter